Chapter 6

EMERY GRIFFIN

"Ced you think I'll get in trouble for riding my broom." I asked him as he turned around looking at me. "You know the answer to that Emery. What's bugging you talk to me." He told me coming over sitting down next to me on the grass.

"Nothings bothering." I told him. "I know when something is wrong. What happened did someone hurt you? You can tell me." He told me.

"I'm serious nothing-Don't lie to me. I know when your lying Emery." He said. "It's just about my dad." I told him. "What about him. Is his death still hitting your hard. I'm here Emmy if you ever just ever want to talk and you know that." He told me.

"I know." I told him looking down even if it's not the truth. Mom told everyone my stepdad was my real dad and they believed her of course they'll believe mom she's a good liar is all I'm saying not that I don't love her but sure a good liar.

"Don't get yourself in trouble Em." He said throwing his arm around me as I laid my head on his shoulder. "I won't I promise." I told him

JAMES POTTER

I took today off to go talk to my parents. I've called them to my home so we can talk about Emery.

We've been here for ten minutes and I haven't said a word. "What did you call us for James." Mom said.

"So theirs a secrecy I've been keeping from you guys for years now." I started off. "Your coming out the closet. Dad pay up." Willow said standing up. "What no I'm in love with Lily." I clarified.

"Go on." Mom said ignoring Willows outburst. I took a deep breath pulling out my wallet to get a picture of Emery to show them. I got it out and handed it to them. "Who's this?" Willow asked.

"My daughter." I told them as Willow started to laugh. "It's funny it's almost as you told us she's your daughter." Willow said than stopped laughing as she realized I'm not kidding. "James is she really your daughter?" Mom asked as I nodded my head.

"Words James." My dad said. "Yes she's my biological daughter." I told them. "Oh my Merlin I have a niece." Willow mumbled. "Where has she been?" Mom asked surprisingly calm. "With her mom." I told them. "What's her name?" Dad asked. "Emery, Emery Griffin. Penelope and I-Penelope you knew?" Willow asked as I nodded my head.

"Yes I knew the moment she was born." I told them. "We decided it was best if she kept her mothers last name so people didn't go after her." I told them. "How old is she?" Dad asked. "Fourteen she's a day younger than Harry." I told them. "A day younger. What do you mean?" Willow asked.

"Her birthday is August 1st." I told them. "You missed half her birthdays James. Your practically missed half her life because almost every waking moment you were with Harry." Willow told me.

"Their we're times I snuck away to go see her-You we're better off abandoning her than doing that to her." Willow said before storming out. "You kept my grand baby from me." Mom said. "And Lily? Does she know?" Dad asked.

"For her safety mom. And no she doesn't know. I'm planning on telling her soon I wanted you guys to know first. I didn't cheat I swear it was when me and Lily broke up." I told them. "If Lily chooses to divorce you I'm on her side James." My dad told me.

"That's no grandchild of mine." My dad said before leaving. Mom handed me the photo back and I put it back in my wallet. "She's very beautiful she looks a lot like you." Mom told me. "Thank you." I told her.

"Are you mad?" I asked her. "No I'm hurt James you kept my grandchild from me from us her family. Your dad will come around I promise you." She told me. "I have to go. I'm going to go talk to Lily." I told her as she gave me a hug. "Okay everything will be fine between you two I just know it." Mom told me as I kissed her cheek. "Love you mom bye." I told her.

I went back to the castle looking for Lily.

Once my dad meets Emery he'll love her. I hope. "You need to come with us." Lily said dragging me into a office where I was met with Dumbledore Professor McGonggal, Harry, Penelope and Emery who was zoned out.

"Harry Potter did you put your name in the Goblet of fire?" Albus asked him. "No sir." Harry said as he looked over at Emery. "Emery sit straight." Penelope told her as she snapped out of her daydream and sat straight. "Did you Ms.Griffin?" He asked her.

"No sir I was with Mr.Newton from Durstrang." She told him. "See my daughter didn't do anything wrong." Penelope said. "Someone put their names in the goblet of fire and their will be an investigation." Minnie said.

"Will she have to participate?" Penelope asked. "What about Harry?" Lily spoke up. "I'm only worried for my kid." Penelope said. "Unfortunately they do. Seeing as their names came out the goblet of fire they will participate together as a team." Albus told her which did not please her.

"She obviously didn't put her name in it so why force her. Emery do you want to participate?" Penelope asked her. "No." She said quietly barely audible but we heard it. "See she doesn't want Albus." "I can assure you Ms.Griffin she will be fine and their names came out so we can't do nothing about it they will have to participate."

Mad eye moody told her as she shook her head. "Well since you obviously can't do your job right I will be removing Emery from the school than. I only sent her here because of obvious reason." Penelope said before walking out as Emery immediately stood up. "Mom wait." She said going after her.

EMERY GRIFFIN

I went after my mom. "I don't want to leave here." I told her. "I don't know what to tell you than Emery." Mom said facing me.

"I have friends here-Cedric don't count." She told me. "I have other friends mom. But the point is I don't want to leave mom. I'll do the stupid tournament if I have to but I don't want to leave." I told her.

"Have you've spoken to your father?" She asked me. "No not for a couple days." I told her honestly. It's true I haven't not since I got got in the broom closet with Al.

"Fine but if you get in trouble once, your out of here understood?" Mom said as I nodded my head. "Yes." I told her. "Fine you'll be staying but don't complain when you get hurt during the tournament." She said as I nodded my head.

"I'm going to speak to your father about you staying with him for break." She told me. "Really your going to let me stay with dad." "We'll see I have to talk to him don't get your hopes up though." She told me as I nodded my head.

"Go now." She told me as I gave her a nod and walked off. This might just be my first Christmas with dad ever. At least with him working here I'm able to see him and I sorta know his schedule. I can't wait I hope mom lets me.