Chapter 56

JAMES POTTER

Emery sat down next to me. No one spoke a word we just sat here in silence. "It was a fake." I spoke breaking the silence as she looked at me.

"The letter was fake. I'd never leave ever. That day I went out to go get you a gift because I knew how hard it has been for you lately so I wanted to surprise you with something." I told her.

It's sitting at my home making a mess probably as we speak.

"It was your handwriting dad how can it be fake?" "I know it may have looked real but it's not I promise you. I love you so much that it hurts watching you grow up. I don't want you to I want you to stay a little girl forever but I can't stop but I can stop things from happening.

For example you going back to your moms. I've been working out with the Ministry of Magic for sole custody of you. Which was granted so you don't have to go back to your moms unless you want to. I'm not going to force you to stay somewhere you don't want to-She immediately hugged me as I smiled.

"I've missed you dad." She told me looking up at me. "I've missed you too Luv." I told her kissing the top of her head. "Why didn't you come to my birthday?" She asked me.

"I did go. You we're just drunk to even realize it who do you think took you to bed?" I told her as she stared at me shocked. "Don't be drinking it's bad for you it will kill you. No more drinking do you hear me?" She nodded her head.

"I'm sorry for drinking." She mumbled looking down ashamed. "It's okay but I just don't want you to get hurt so no more drinking." I told her as she nodded her head.

"I want to go home back to you and Harry and Lily and Sirius I guess." She said as I laughed a bit. "It's totally your choice but I'm glad your coming home. But when we're home we're gonna put some house rules got it?" I told her. "Yeah."

She said quietly.

"So what'd you'd get me that day?" She asked me. "That's a surprise still so you'll have to wait till we go home." I told her as she frowned. "Come on just tell me." She said looking at me. "Nope it's a surprise." I told her.

"I'll just ask Harry he's bad at holding secrets." She said as I shook my head. "He is but he doesn't even know." I told her as she let out a groan. "Just tell me dad please." She said.

"Nope my lips are sealed." I told her as she cuddled into my side laying her head on my chest. "No more secrets?" I said. "No more secrets dad." She said as I wrapped my arm around her.