Chapter 51

EMERY GRIFFIN

I guess ignoring my dad was a lot harder than I expected. He's always sending letters to me but mom always burns them before I could even read them so that's that.

Ballet has become something I use as an escape from life from everything. I don't even feel like celebrating my birthday. But mom is insisting on throwing a huge party for me.

I refused but she said it's a right of passage because I'm turning fifteen but I just want to die. I never wished to die so badly in my life before. Maybe when I was six but that's all.

"Emery your turning fifteen it's only proper for me as your mother to throw you a party." She told me. "You hate all my friends and we practically been outcasted from the whole Pureblood family's because I was put in Hufflepuff and let's not forget my dad won't be here so no point in having a party." I told her.

"We have not been outcasted-You only reminded me every single day since first year mom that we we're outcasted. I don't want a party." I told her. "Than what do you want to do?" "Die!" "Emery Minerva Griffin you do not speak like that!" Mom shouted at me as I rolled my eyes.

"Mom I wake up 5:30 every morning for ballet I'm exhausted by the time we're done so I don't want to do nothing-You love throwing parties especially for your birthday!" Mom told me.

"When I was ten mom. I hate my birthday! So no party." I told her. "Your having the party wether you like it or not your having it." Mom said as I walked out the kitchen upstairs.

I should've died that night!

- - -

I woke up to sounds of people. I walked out my room only to see people going in and out of the ball room. "Are you serious mom I told you I don't want-I don't care Emery your having the party and if we want to be not outcasted by the other families you need this party." She told me.

"I'll just stay in my room than!" "I'll drag you down here myself." Mom said as I walked back to my room. "Also no ballet today." She yelled. I figured mother.

I let out a groan. I don't want to do nothing all I want to do is lay in my room and stay their like I don't exist for once. That's all I want and something my mom won't let me do because she's done that all my life and now she wants to do this.

Some hours passed as I looked at the clock. I'm suppose to be getting ready. Who is she even inviting is what I want to know. "Get dressed Emery!" My mother yelled. It's like she has eyes everywhere.

I let myself fall off the bed as I laid on the floor for a minute. I got off the floor going into my closet changing into some pants and a t-shirt. I walked out as my mom shook her head. "No change into this." Mom said handing me a dress.

"I don't like it-Yes you do now change before I change you myself." She told me as I walked back into the closet changing into the horrible dress. I mean the slit is way to high and my boobs are showing i hate.

Who am I kidding I love it. I walked out as my mom was gone. "Hurry downstairs people are starting to show up now." Mom yelled as I rolled my eyes. I looked at myself in the mirror.

"You look beautiful munchkin." My uncle Barty told me. "Thank you." I told him. "Is it too late to run away from here till everything is over?" I asked as he walked over standing behind me.