Chapter 12

EMERY GRIFFIN

I got released from the hospital wing today which I'm thankful for because I couldn't stand it anymore. Between my dad, Cedric, Harry, Professor McGonggal always coming to check up on me was driving me insane.

"Take it easy." Harry scolded me like a three year old. "Harry I'm perfectly fine." I told him grabbing my bag back from him. "Let me help you Emery." He said. "I'm perfectly fine it's just a broken hand that's all." I told him.

"Yeah caused by me. Now let me help you." He told me as I let out a sigh. "Fine but stop treating me like I'm going to break understood?" "Understood." He said nodding his head.

"I'll take her from here now." Cedric said. Their trading me like I'm some sort of baby. "She already went to the hospital wing for the potion." Harry said. I can't believe these two. "Got it I'll have her for the rest of the day." Cedric said as Harry gave him a nod.

"I'll get her in the morning than." Harry said before walking off as I walked past Cedric. These two are unbelievable. "hey wait up." Cedric called out. "Emmy." He said. "You know pretty boy I only have a broken hand not two broken legs." I told as I kept walking.

"Okay maybe we're taking it far but he's the reason your hand is broken in the first place." Cedric said. "And I forgave him he apologized already." I told him. "You forgive people to easily Em. He got your hand broken when you did absolutely nothing to him but be nice." He told me.

"It's done and over with Ced. Please just drop it." I told him as I stopped walking as he stood in front of me. He pulled me aside away from the others sitting me down beside him. "You broke your hand okay and when I heard you scream I wanted to go out their but they wouldn't let me. So please let me help you now since I couldn't when it happened." He told me.

"Fine but stop treating me like a baby got it." I told him as he nodded his head. "Deal than." He said as I shook my head at him.

LILY POTTER

I walked into James office as he looked up at me. "So what is your plan?" I asked him. I am his wife and I still love him even if he has another kid with another woman.

He's my husband. We have a son together and I love him always. "For Emery what is the plan. If your doing this I need to know your plan James." I told him. "Well I was thinking maybe she stay with us for Christmas and the extra guest room can be turned into her own room for her." He told me.

"The guest room next to Harry's?" "Yeah that one." He said. "That's going to take months James to decorate. We'd have to clean it out move all the boxes out and than go shopping for it and paint it's going to take months before she can even sleep in their." I told him.

"Well than I better get started. I'll put in my resignation and start working on her room. Than I'll just go back to being an Auror." He said. "She deserves her own room if she ever wants a break from her mom she can always come home and be in her room where she can feel comfortable in." He said.

"It's fine with me with whatever you want to do. Just remember she's a girl James and she's not Harry and she's in Hufflepuff so maybe going all red for her ain't the brightest." I told him as he nodded his head. "What about us?" He asked walking over to me. "We're married still and I still love you." I told him.

"We also have a kid together who we both love very much who is now owning up to his actions." I told him as he stared at me confused. "What do you mean?" "He's been helping her out from class to class during lunch breakfast. He's been helping her and so has Cedric Diggory they trade her like their a divorced couple who has a kid together it's funny actually." I told him.

"I'm happy he's getting along with her now." "Me too I want them to have a relationship with each other. I don't want him to hate her because of the circumstances that's still his sister no matter what."  I told him. "Thank you for being so understanding. I don't deserve you at all." He told me.

"Emery is lucky to have you as a step-mom." He told me. "I'm going to talk to Albus tomorrow about my leaving." He told me as I gave him a nod. "Is your dad still not on board with Emery?" I asked him. "He still doesn't want her around at all mom says just give him time and that's what I've been doing. I just want him to like her that's all she's a good kid."

He said. "She is a good kid he'll come around." I told him. "I know." He said giving me a hug. "I've got to go talk to Emery." He said backing up. "Okay." I told him as he kissed my cheek before walking out.