Chapter 59

EMERY GRIFFIN

I have detention right now and I hate it because my hand becomes so sore during it. I'm still in the office with Harry and the others.

I'm collecting my stuff when Harry stopped me. "Where you going?" He asked me. "Uh detention." I told him quietly I don't want dad hearing.

"With who?" "The new professor." I told him as he grabbed my hand pulling me back down. "Don't go." He told me. "I have to-Emery don't go seriously don't." Harry said

"I can't just ditch detention." I told him. "Yes you can I do all the time with Snape just don't go to hers finish your homework." He told me. He must know about the quill than. "You know about her quill don't you?" He stayed quiet as I sat down on the floor next to him.

"Is this your first time or no?" He asked me as I shook my head. "Why didn't you tell me I could've helped you." He told me. "I'm fine Harry okay it's just a stupid quill." I told him. "Em your hand is already messed up-I'll be fine besides my uncle healed it so it's back to normal he just said one wrong move and it's broken again." I said quietly.

"Don't go please stay with me?" He asked me. How can I say no to that. I gave in, giving him a nod as he smiled at me. "We have our first match this Saturday, you don't have to come-Of course I'm going Em. I wouldn't miss it for the world I want to see what my baby sister can do." He said as I smiled at him hugging his side.

"Who are you up against?" He asked me. "Slytherins-They play dirty so be careful." He warned me as I gave him a nod. "I know. Not my first time playing with them remember." I told him as he gave me a nod.

"Yeah I remember. So catch me up on what I've missed." He said as we totally got lost in our conversation to even finish our homework.

LILY POTTER

Emery and Harry sat on the floor for hours talking to each other. I'm glad he's not given up on her he was close to giving up when he found out she went back to her moms.

He was so mad and hurt that she left that he wouldn't come out his room for a week. It hurt me seeing him like that and James decided to go get Emery back but nothing worked Penelope wouldn't let him see her.

James has been working on getting full custody of her for some time now trying to gather enough evidence that she's not a good parent to Emery and with the help of her uncle it seems to be going on her side.

Surprisedly he came to us and asked us to help him get Emery out of their. James was hesitant on telling him about him trying to get full custody of Emery but he caved and told him everything and little by little we've been gathering evidence.

Soon Emery will be home where she belongs where she should've been since she was born.

I'm hurt that James had another kid and didn't bother to tell me but I push those feelings aside when it comes to Emery because she's just a kid she was just a result of a one night stand it's not her fault nor will I ever blame her.

Emery's like my daughter yes, I'm her step-mom and she's my stepdaughter but I don't need any of those things to say she's my daughter. I'm going to be their for her when she let's me because I want to be their for her and I don't want to replace Penelope even if she's a horrible person she might just be a good mother behind closed doors but im not sure of it.

Those two are my kids right their they are mine.