Chapter 40

EMERY GRIFFIN

I woke up to sounds of beeping noises. I looked around and it seems to be a hospital room. "Your up." I heard as I looked to my left seeing Lily sitting next to my dad who was asleep.

"You we're asleep for a long time." She told me. I wonder how long. "A week." She answered my thought. Oh. I looked at my hand seeing it in a brace. "Sweetheart she's up." Lily said waking my dad up who immediately sat up.

He looked at me and smiled at me. "Thank goodness your up." Dad said kissing my cheek. Harry who was asleep is now up I guess.

"Oh thank Merlin your up Em." He said hugging me immediately. "Careful Harry." Lily told him. "Are you okay?" My dad asked me as Harry sat back down. I turned my head the other way closing my eyes making myself go to sleep.

JAMES POTTER

Emery went back to sleep. I let out a sigh holding her hand. "Maybe she doesn't remember?" Harry suggested. "I don't know she's never been this quiet." I told him as the others walked in.

"Has she woken up yet?" Sirius asked. "Yeah but went back to sleep." I told him. "Poor thing." Kya said. "She say anything?" My dad asked as I shook my head. I knew he'd come around sooner or later even if he hates to admit it.

"No not a word. She went straight back to sleep." I told them. "When does she come home?" Willow asked. "Not sure the doctor hasn't said anything yet." Lily said.

"Hello family." The doctor said walking in. "How is everyone?" Doctor Grayson asked as mumbled goods went around. "Seems like someone is up." He said coming over to Emery who looked around the room before her eyes landed on the doctor.

"Hello Ms.Potter nice to see you awake now." He told her as she didn't say anything. "We'll do some test to check on her vocal cord. Emery can you hear me?" He asked as she didn't say anything not even nod her head. She turned the other way ignoring him.

I let out a sigh. "It's fine she can obviously hear us just probably choosing not to talk. So no need to run those test." He said. "When can we take her home?" "In a bit when she's up more. In the meantime I'll get her discharge papers." He said.

He walked out shutting the door. "Emery are you just not going to talk?" I asked her.

EMERY GRIFFIN

We got to the house after sometime. "Here you dropped your wand that night." Sirius said as I looked at it. I shook my head at him.

"You don't want it?" I shook my head. "Oh my baby." I heard my mom as I turned around seeing her. She walked up hugging me. "Let's take you home now." Mom said.

"Penelope." Dad said stopping her before we left. "You can't just take her-Of course I can I'm her mother after all besides I have custody of her." Mom told him. "We talked about this already-I'm taking my daughter James I'll keep in contact when you can have her." Mom told him as we apprated to the Manor.

"Momma will be back in a bit." She said before leaving. I walked up to my room letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I looked in the mirror seeing the bruises on my cheek. Much more happened that night.

I walked over to the bed sitting down. I sat on something I pulled it up seeing a bear Cedric got me for my birthday last year. "Your favorite pretty boy." It says on the bears paw.

I felt the tears build up already as I laid on my side. I felt them drop as even more came one after another and soon enough I was crying holding onto the bear. My brother is gone I wasn't able to help him. I should've listened to Regulus when he told me to be careful of Alex.