Jeremiah Fisher- Sun Lounger (h)

The Summer I Turned Pretty One Shot

When your parents had suggested going to Cousins for the summer, you had been hesitant – it was somewhere new, with new people and you didn't know what to make of it. However, they had been insistent, and you weren't one to say no to your whole summer holiday.

It was no surprise to you that your dad had found the country club on his first visit, and then somehow wrangled a pass for you all for the summer.

Your brother had wandered off somewhere, and your mum was nowhere to be found so that left you on a sun lounger by yourself.

Out of the corner of your eye you saw one of the lifeguards rushing around but in his rush he slammed into the leg of your sun lounger and went toppling over.

You shot up and went to help him, offering him your hand. You hadn't quite realised how good looking he was until he looked up at you, a sheepish smile on his face and floppy blond/brown hair.

He took your hand and you helped to pull him up. "Are you okay?" you asked, glancing down at his leg.

"Apart from the intense pain in my ankle," he chuckled. "I'm good."

You smiled at him. "I'd offer to help find you some ice, but this is only like my third time here and I still have zero idea where anything is," you admitted.

He chuckled. "You're new here?"

"It's our first summer here."

The lifeguard held his hand out to you. "I'm Jeremiah," you shook his hand with a smile and introduced yourself.

Ever since then, Jeremiah had made a point of coming to find you at the start and the end of every single one of his shifts.

The two of you had started meeting up outside of the club, going to the beach, for some lunch, for a drive and it was a really refreshing experience.

You heard Jeremiah beep outside, which made a smile appear on your face. You yelled out some goodbyes to your family and then rushed out to Jeremiah.

"Hey, you," he greeted as you climbed into his jeep.

He offered you his hand, which caused yet another smile, and you took it intertwining your fingers.

Jeremiah pulled away whilst switching on his radio. The two of you spent the drive switching between chatting, singing, and just enjoying each other's company.

Eventually the two of you reached the beach, and Jeremiah got out before coming round to your side to hold your hand as you climbed out of the car.

You both strolled along the beach, hand in hand. You couldn't quite believe that this was how your summer was turning out, and whilst you weren't sure what would happen once summer ended you were enjoying it whilst it happened.

"I feel like I've known you forever," you told Jeremiah as the two of you sat cuddled up, staring out at the sea.

Jeremiah chuckled but rested his head on top of yours. "I feel the same," he mused, playing with your fingers. "It's crazy how this can happen."

You hummed in agreement. "You know what is crazy? How I didn't even want to come to Cousins this summer," you told him. "And if I hadn't, you would never have crashed into my sun lounger."

He laughed. "What if I told you that that was on purpose?"

"What?" you quizzed, sitting up so that you could look Jeremiah in the eye. "You almost sprained your ankle because of me? On purpose?"

A sheepish look crossed his face. "Yah," he sighed out. "I'd seen you around, and really wanted to talk to you, but I didn't want to come across as too forward by just walking up to you."

"Oh, so running into my sun lounger and crashing all over the place was your solution?"

He chuckled but nodded, keeping a hold of your hand. "It worked didn't it?"

You smiled and leant up to kiss his cheek for the first time. "Yes, yes it did."

~*~

Written by Hannah.