Walter White- Twenty (a)

Breaking Bad One Shot

You slid the tan envelope across the chipped bench, nervously checking over your shoulder and darting your anxious eyes across the mostly empty park.

"Is it all there?" Walter asked, the heavy sun beating down on top of you, exacerbating your nervous sweat problem. Quickly you nodded, you ran through your mind the times you had double and triple checked the wad of scrunched notes inside the envelope. Slowly his fingers flicked through and tidied the notes. "Would have been nice if the bills were... I don't know maybe a bit neater, maybe a bit less stained but, beggars can't be choosers and I'm just glad we're finally able at a place where we can settle out debts, isn't that right y/n?" He made his way to the end of the pile before sliding the money in, he sealed the top and quickly slid it into his inside jacket pocket. "It looks like we have... a little problem here." He sat his heavy hand on your shoulder and your heart felt as if it was about to explode from between your ribs.

"It's all there, every cent. Two hundred and fifty-four dollars and seventy-three cents, I checked it over and over this morning before I came." Walter slowly shook his head from side to side.

"I am I believe, twenty dollars short here." He ran his tongue across his rough upper lip and stiffly turned towards you with a surprisingly warm smile.

"Are you sure, can you count it again? It's all there I swear." Walter pushed his glasses securely onto the bridge of his nose and crossed one leg over the other.

"I don't miscount, believe me, and it looks like I have my glasses on." He shrugged, smiling even deeper. "So unless you're trying to take me for some kind of fool here, and I think we both know that would be a pretty poor idea, I suggest you cough up the missing money or I can send some of my associates over to get it from you. Now I don't want to do that, I'm a busy man, they're busy men and I don't think you want me to do that."

"Double count it, please." You begged. "If it's wrong after you count it again I'll double the payment." Walter shrugged and pulled the envelope back from his pocket.

"I really don't have time for this, you think you're the only lowlife I need to chase around to pay up. I have bills to pay just like you. So, if this is wrong after I spend my time counting it again it will be a much worse time for you than just paying me back extra."

~*~

Written by Aaron.