Peyton Charles- Relax (c)

IZombie One Shot

Today had been a long day at work. You were tired and you felt half dead (which was technically a bonus compared to the state of your roommate), all you wanted was a cup of tea and to cuddle up on the sofa with your girlfriend. Seen as you worked with Liv you knew that she was going to spend the evening with Ravi for a movie night and you gratefully declined knowing you could now have the evening with Peyton and relax.

Living with a friend meant that the two of you rarely got a moment together alone as Liv didn't spend too much time out of the flat other than to work.

When you walked through the door you could instantly see Peyton sat on the sofa with the rest of the seat covered in paper, along with the floor and coffee tables having the sheets scattered over them.

"Hello," you smiled to the brunette.

Her eyes shot up sending you a weak smile. You knew the expression she was holding as it clearly expressed the stress that she was holding due to a big case that she was working on.

"Hey."

"Case not going well?" You asked placing your bag onto the floor.

Peyton let out a sigh as she picked up a pile of the paper from the seat next to her and dropping it onto the floor next to her so that you could sit down next to her. You took your place on the sofa, resting your hand onto her knee.

"I have no hope of winning this," she sighed running her hands through her hair.

You picked up the folder from her lap, discarding it onto the pile of paper.

"Don't worry Love. You always win. And if you don't it doesn't matter. It is just a case, and even a lawyer with decades more experience would struggle. It's just important that you try your best," you smiled warmly. "But for now take a break. You're just going to burn yourself out and I can't have that happening. Rest for a little and then you can come back to it all with a clear mind."

She went to argue with you, but didn't say a word and just left her mouth agape. Although Peyton had always been the strong willed one that would fight her corner until she turned blue, she also knew that you were right most of the time, so found it smart to just allow you to have your way and relax.

You wrapped your arms around her, and she leaned into the embrace. She rested her head onto your shoulder and allowed you to hold her and talk to her about your day even if it wasn't overly interesting it gave her something to focus on rather than what was happening in the case.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.