Claire Dearing- Phone (c)

Jurassic World One Shot

When you first met Claire you knew that her job meant the world to her, but you genuinely believed that once you fell in love you might possibly mean more to her than her job- sometimes it didn't feel that way. Seen as that fact became clear from day one, you didn't complain, but you did encourage her to spend a day once in a while with you, without access to her phone or dwelling on work concerns.

Today was one of the days she had promised to you. No phone, no work, just the two of you. Sadly how you planned your day, never became the case.

Every time you tried to cuddle, she would have 'just one more' phone call or 'just one more' text message. Work was coming first and you couldn't help but feel disheartened in the sense of the whole of your relationship if she couldn't care enough for one moment to pay attention to you. You understood that her job was important, but in the most modest way possible you were important too.

After two hours of the madness, you had finally had enough. Without a second of hesitation you plucked the phone from her hand jumping up from the sofa. It took her a moment to notice what had happened before she stood up as well.

"Y/N what the hell?" She exclaimed.

"You promised me we could spend the day together but once again your phone seems to mean more to you than your girlfriend," you huffed.

She gave you a pitiful smile.

"Don't be so dramatic. Let me just send one more message and then I will be all yours," she said in an attempt to reassure you but you knew her words held no sincerity.

"No. You've been telling me you just needed to send one more message all morning, your word really means nothing to me currently," you commented not meaning to sound so bitter.

Before she could try to take the phone back from you, you ran from the room, her hot on your tail. As soon as you reached your shared room, you opened the small metal tin you had under your bed for spare money, placing the phone in it and locking it and shoving the key into your bra.

"Don't be immature," she frowned.

"Immaturity is my last resort," you stated. "I don't want to be a whiny girlfriend but I miss you Claire. Yeah you're here, but you always put work first. For once I just want to cuddle up on the sofa and pretend there are no worries, but you're too busy caring about work than what I want."

Her expression became sympathetic.

"I'm sorry."

"Are you though?"

She let out a sigh, before opening her arms and wrapping them around you, pulling you towards her. Claire pressed her lips to your hair as she hugged you.

"I really am sorry. I get so stuck in having to get everything perfect for work, I forget that I have a personal life to pay attention too, and I don't mean to push you away and make you feel bad. Granted I don't appreciate your tactics but now that I don't have my phone, let's cuddle and put on a film," she said softly still hugging you.

You pulled away from her, pecking her lips.

"That's all I have ever wanted."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.