Tommy Shelby- Butterflies: Part 2 (c)

Peaky Blinders One Shot

John led you and Ada down the hallways of the venue to the other suite that the groom and groomsmen had been occupying to get ready for the wedding. You kept back when John and Ada entered the room to usher out the rest of the men, leaving Tommy alone in the room. Each man looked you over as they left, having not anticipated to see the rosy cheeked bride with her skirts hiked up in her arm and feet still bare from rushing to your husband-to-be's aide.

"Thomas," you called from outside the room.

"Y/N," you heard him return, followed by a couple of steps, leading him to the door.

Tommy tried to pull the door open, but you gave your side a sharp tug, forcing it practically closed, leaving only a small crack open.

"What-" He trailed off, having not expected you to force the door closed on him.

"It's bad luck to see me before the wedding," you reprimanded. "That is if we are still getting married."

Your voice had a slight shake, scared his feet had become too cold to get him down the aisle. You hadn't even considered him as someone who could feel nervous, but you were still concerned about the day even though you were certain you wanted him to be your husband.

"Why would you ask that?" He asked.

"John said you were freaking out," you whispered. "Are you having second thoughts?"

A deep rumble of a chuckle escaped him. "Don't be daft, Y/N, I've wanted to marry you since the first time you came to dinner with Ada, we might have just been kids, but I knew one day you'd be my wife."

You couldn't help but laugh as you slipped your hand into the gap in the doorway, leaving it there until he laced his fingers with yours.

"I don't think anyone would believe me if I told them how cheesy you are," you smiled softly. "Or that you are freaking out, as John put it. What is wrong?"

"I wasn't doubting marrying you, Y/N," he explained, giving you hand a squeeze. "But I do doubt that I deserve you. You deserve to get the best and with me, it'll never be an easy ride."

You wished you could throw open the door and kiss him, hold him close as you reassured him, but you let the superstition hold you there, only able to take his hand.

"If I wanted an easy ride, I wouldn't want you," you stated. "I do deserve the best and you are the best. It only shows that in the fact you are worrying about it."

Tommy let out a sigh. "Are you sure you want this? You are sure you want to be a Shelby?"

"More than anything."

~*~

Written by Charlotte