Kirsty Clements- Date Night (c)

Casualty One Shot

With you and your girlfriend both being nurses in the Holby City A&E it meant that it was rare that the two of you would get a chance to be together alone especially with Kirsty having to find someone to take care of Nita for a few hours.

It was a Friday and Nita was staying with a friend for the night meaning you and Kirsty didn't have to worry about her until she came home tomorrow, so you were free to go out for dinner. Both of you were at work today, but your shifts ended at the same time, so you had arranged to go out for dinner together afterwards, getting ready straight away to make the most of your free time.

As soon as your shift ended you had made your way to the break room and had changed from your scrubs into a dress you knew that Kirsty liked. Seen as she liked your attire it meant you didn't have to put in much work to look half decent.

You expected Kirsty to be there too, but she wasn't. You waited for forty minutes after your shift until she trailed into the room still in her blue scrubs, looking tired and you honestly didn't want to know what the various colours splattering her clothes were.

"I'm sorry," she sighed opening her locker. "I was late getting Nita to school, so I got in late and I needed to make up for my missed time. I tried to find you, but I was with a critical patient, and it just didn't go as planned."

Smiling softly at her, you stood up from the sofa you had been occupying, gently resting a hand onto her arm to reassure her.

"Hey don't worry Love," you smiled. "When we first met I knew you weren't the most punctual and I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Still I'm sorry. I am such a mess. And look at you. You're bloody stunning Y/N. You deserve so much better."

You let out a chuckle, moving your hand up to caress her cheek, so you could pull her closer to press your lips to hers.

"You are a complete mess. I honestly don't want to know what is covering you currently as it does smell quite funky. However even with hair like a bird's nest and miscellaneous body fluids over your clothes you are still gorgeous, and by no means am I better than you, other than at time keeping," you said softly.

"God I love you," she grinned. "Would it be okay if we just order in Chinese and watch a movie instead? I am in a desperate need of a shower and I am not in the mood to be judged by a snooty waiter."

"Of course."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.