Joey Tribbiani- Visit (h)

Your relationship had been going for just under eight months, but it wasn't as easy as you wanted it to be.

A lot of it had been over the phone and managing to meet up whenever you were in New York or he was in your town, but when you went back home to the U.K it was hard to have frequent calls.

You knew that Joey would have preferred for you to just move in with him but he still lived with Chandler, and you didn't want to impose and even though it was approaching a year – you just didn't feel right with it all, especially considering you hadn't met any of his friends.

Joey definitely wanted you to meet his small group of friends and the feeling was mutual, but there was never a right time for you to meet.

Whenever you were in New York, Joey wanted to spend time alone with you and it wasn't as if he could drag all of his friends with him when he went to visit you.

You had been able to get a couple of months away from all responsibility, and that meant that you were going to spend all two months with Joey to which he was most definitely not protesting.

A couple of days prior, Joey had sent you a key to his flat in the post which was going to let you to drop all of your stuff off at Joey's apartment before you went down to meet him at Central Perk.

It felt strange being in his apartment without Joey being there, but you placed your suitcases into his room before leaving and making your way to the coffee shop.

You walked in, and almost immediately noticed Joey sat on one of the chairs by the counter whilst his friends were on the sofa and the arm chair.

Making your way over to him, you cautiously placed your hand on his shoulder which caused both him and his friends to turn around "Y/N!" he exclaimed in surprise with a smile on his face.

You smiled in return "Hi" you greeted him as he stood up.

He pulled you into a tight hug, his arms going around your shoulders and yours went around his waist, "I've missed you" he told you but his voice was muffled as his face was buried in your hair.

You laughed and stepped away from him slightly to look up at him "You've got me for a whole two months now though" you reminded him.

He chuckled and kissed your forehead gently "I can't wait" he stated as he looked in your eyes.

Someone cleared their throat making the two of you pull apart and turn to his friends, "Uh...who is this?" Ross questioned in confused.

"I think her name's Y/N" Rachel deduced, from Joey saying your name previously.

You smiled and nodded in confirmation "Yeah. I'm Y/N. It's nice to finally meet all of you" you introduced yourself.

Joey slipped his arm around your shoulder and pulled you into his side, automatically your arm wrapped around his waist.

"It's nice to meet you too...but who are you to Joey?" Chandler asked, pointing between you and your boyfriend.

Joey chuckled "She's my girlfriend" he spoke in a proud tone which made you happy, as it was nice to know that Joey was proud to have you as his girlfriend.

Everyone looked surprised but also confused "Girlfriend?" Phoebe quizzed, presumably not believing what Joey had said.

"When did you get a girlfriend?" Monica questioned from her seat next to both Chandler and Rachel on the sofa – whilst Phoebe was sat in the armchair and Ross was on the arm of the chair.

Joey smiled down at you, before looking back to his friends, "Uh...we have been together for almost eight months now" he explained.

You smiled back up at him, and Joey sat down in his previous seat before getting you to sit down across his lap so his arm went securely around your waist.

"How did you meet her? Your accent it British, right?" Ross cautiously asked, not wanting to be wrong.

You nodded in agreement "Yeah, I'm from the U.K. I moved out here for work, but I live in D.C" you told him which made him smile.

"We met at one of my auditions" Joey stated but all of his friends gave him a look to elaborate "Y/N is a casting director, and she was working on one of the films that I auditioned for which I didn't get the part but I got a date with a cute British girl so it all worked out" you moved to intertwine your fingers with Joey's as he spoke.

Everyone had smiles on their faces "Is that why you've been going on the train so much?" Rachel directed her question at Joey.

He laughed and then nodded "Yeah. It's hard for Y/N to get away from work at times, so I would go and visit her from time to time. She's visited us here before, but 'cause we don't see each other very often I kinda just like it to be me and her" he explained.

"How long are you here for now?" Phoebe blurted out a question.

You smiled over at her "Two months" you answered her.

Chandler looked over at you with a smile on his face "Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of you then" he suggested as he glanced over at Joey.

Joey chuckled and kissed your cheek lightly "You most definitely will"

~*~

Written by Hannah.