Kitty Winter- Kitty Summer (c)

Elementary One Shot

Although Kitty had complained a fair bit about having to take care of Clyde for Sherlock and Joan, but you knew that she enjoyed the company of a pet along with human companions. Now that you moved in together you thought that it would be for the best to get a pet. Even though it was clear she'd enjoy a pet being around, she'd never admit it, so you persuaded Joan to distract her for the day with a case whilst you went and brought your new bundle of fur home.

You had arranged for picking up the cat this morning, along with going to get all the resources on your way home. When you got home you allowed the cat to explore their new home whilst you battled with the cat scratch and put out everything else you had bought.

Regrettably it took you longer to build the blasted thing than you'd like to admit, but by the time it was up and you had put plasters onto the cuts you'd gained, Kitty walked through the door shouting out to you about Joan's odd behaviour. It probably wasn't smart to send Kitty to be distracted by Joan seen as she was skilled at deduction, but it didn't matter anymore seen as she was already home.

"Have you spoken to Watson? She was acting awfully strange and Sherlock didn't know about why she was doing so," she called out.

You grabbed hold of the bundle of fur and stood with your grin spread across your face waiting for her to walk into the room.

"Y/N are you home?" She shouted.

"I'm in the living room love," you said back gaining a confused look from the cat whose eyes were scanning your expression.

Kitty walked into the room. She smiled as she saw you, but it instantly dropped, her expression contorting to express her confusion.

"What is that?" She questioned.

You held up the cat's paw making it look as though it was waving at your girlfriend.

"Kitty Winter meet kitty Summer," you grinned taking a step closer to her.

She rolled her eyes, "please don't tell me you named the cat Kitty Summer to match my name."

"Just Summer. That was her name already, I just liked that it fit. One of the women we helped on a case was moving across the country, and didn't want to take the cat with her, so I offered to take her off of her hands," you smiled placing Summer onto the sofa.

"So didn't you want to discuss getting a cat before you went and got one?" She frowned.

"Do you want me to return her?" You pouted. "Her old owner is still in town if you really don't want her."

She shook her head slightly resting her hand against your cheek, "I never said I didn't want her. But I would very much value if you discussed these decisions with me first."

"I will next time," you stated pressing your lips to hers.

As you pulled away she raised an eyebrow, "next time?"

A cheeky grin spread across your lips.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.