Freddie McClair- Help (c)

Getting a phone call from someone you hadn't seen in years in the middle of the night to tell you that he needed you was something you could never have imagined. You knew he wouldn't have contacted you unless it was seriously an emergency. It took you a moment to find where the hell you were supposed to be going but when you did you walked around the back of the house to see a growing bonfire with two men sat in the grass nearby.

"James?" You called out just to check you hadn't walked into a complete stranger's garden.

The familiar guy raised his head glaring at you.

"You know not to call me that," he grunted.

"I don't give a crap. I'll kick your arse tomorrow you prick, I'm here for Freddie," you glared back at him looking at the other guy who was in tears.

He looked up at him sniffling and seeming completely confused as to why you were there.

"Y/N?" He questioned through his tears.

"Hey Fred," you smiled softly.

"What are you doing here?"

"That twat phoned me. Thought I could be of some help. Come on Freddie, let's get you to the warmth of my car. I have a large coffee with your name on it in the car. Well actually it has my name on it but it is for you," you smiled offering him your hand.

He was hesitant but took it and stood up. As soon as he was on his feet you wrapped your arms around him in a tight embrace which he accepted willingly.

Freddie was a far bit taller than you so had an issue with resting his head on your shoulder but did his best.

"Hey it's going to be okay Freddie, come on let's leave this prat to put out the fire and we can go have a chat," you smiled reassuringly taking his hand and leading him towards your car. You opened the back door letting him in, whilst you walked around and sat in the back next to him grabbing the coffee cups from the front seat. You handed him one.

"I heard about Effy. I'm sorry that you are going through all this but don't blame yourself," you said in a near whisper.

His tears begun to flow again and you wrapped an arm around his shoulders pulling him to you in a tight hug.

"But it's all my fault Y/N. I could have helped her... I could have done something," he sobbed.

"Don't be an idiot. You did all you could. There was no way to stop what happened. She is going to get the help she needs and she is going to need you to help but if you don't feel like you can, you have no obligation to. Bloody hell Frederick you are doing everything you can for her and whether you can be there or not, she is going to get better with the help she will now find," you smiled. "Don't beat yourself up though. You're going through so much crap, you always have, no one can blame you for what has happened."

He stayed silent for a moment before looking up with pleading eyes.

"I'm scared Y/N. I'm so scared," he whispered.

"I know. But it is going to get easier. You've got me. I have no intentions of leaving anytime soon. And even James is here for you, not that you should want him to. Isn't he supposed to be in prison? Nevertheless, your Dad and grandad and sister and all of your friends love you, and we're here for you and we are here for Effy," you stated kissing his temple. "You aren't alone."

"Thank you, Y/N," he said through his broken sobs.

"You're welcome. Fred. I'm always here to help, I hope you know that."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.