Connor Walsh- Confessions (c)

Having picked to live in a little flat in a block, you had imagined that there wouldn't be any unannounced visitors due to the security at the front of the building sorting that out for you. However, you were woken up at just after three in the morning by frantic knocking on your front door. If you weren't so knackered you would have probably been concerned as to who would call by your flat at this time, but you were more focused on wanting to get revenge over whomever woke you up.

Going to the front door and looking through the peep hole, your anger instantly disappeared seeing your best friend in a complete wreck.

You unlocked the door and swung it open, making the man jump. He looked worse for wear, with dirt clad to his clothing, hair askew and tears falling down his cheeks.

"Connor, what happened?" You exclaimed, trying not to be too loud as you were sure your neighbours wouldn't appreciate being woken up.

"I'm in trouble Y/N/N, I'm in so much trouble," he whispered, his words broken through his sobs.

You reached an arm out to rest a hand onto his back to lead him into the flat. Your imagination couldn't settle on an idea of what had occurred to him. Connor wasn't always the best person but you had never seen him in such a state before, his masculinity usually got involved when it came to showing his emotions.

"What happened Connor? What do you mean you are in trouble?" You asked attempting to get your head on properly, seen as you were too tired.

"We did something stupid... so stupid... bloody hell Y/N. I don't know what happened. I don't know... oh God," he stated pacing and running his hands through his hair making it even messier.

Without warning you pulled him into a hug. He tensed up but instantly softened into a sobbing mess as he moved to rest his forehead onto your shoulder even if it meant that he had to double over.

"Hey," you whispered softly rubbing a hand up and down his back. "It will be okay. It will be okay, just tell me what has happened."

His breathing slowed slightly as he held onto you for dear life.

"It was self-defence," he whispered. "We didn't want to kill him, but Rebecca would have died and Wes had to stop him. He had to. And we didn't want to get involved. It's a crime. It was a murder. But we had to get the body out of there. Try to hide the evidence. We can't be linked to this."

It felt as though your heart had stopped. Your best friend was an accomplice in a murder? Connor had done something like that? But from what he had said he was technically innocent of the murder but he had assisted in moving a dead body to cover it up. It was too much to take in. How the hell were you supposed to handle this? How were you meant to help?

You took in a deep breath wanting to actually be able to help him and not become a terrified and confused wreck, which wouldn't help anyone.

"Okay... we are going to handle this Connor. We are going to have to. But first you need a shower, it might make you feel better and I will make you some tea. There are new towels in the bathroom and I have some of your spare clothes in my chest of drawers," you smiled weakly.

"Thank you, Y/N. I mean it. Thank you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.