Illya Kuryakin- Behind The Kisses (h)

Posing as Illya's fiancé was never going to be easy; he was protective, unpredictable at times and rather intimidating.

The mission with Gaby, Napoleon and Illya had been going on for six months.

Six months spent in a hotel room, needing to remember your backstory constantly, ensuring that your cover didn't falter – it was exhausting.

It wasn't that Illya and you didn't get on, just he wasn't the easiest person to get through to.

Gaby and Napoleon didn't have this problem.

You had just returned to the hotel room, that you and Illya shared, with quite a fuming attitude.

Only moments ago, Illya had threatened to punch a man that made an advance on you, after having been staring at you, whilst the four of you were out at dinner.

For a guy that wasn't actually your fiancé, Illya played the role well.

You slammed the door shut, only for Illya to open it afterwards, and threw your bag, hat and sunglasses onto the couch "I cannot believe you!" you raised your voice at Illya.

Illya looked surprised at your exclamation, and went to speak but you gave him a pointed look, "Why threaten to punch him? He wouldn't have deserved it. All he did was compliment me, there is nothing wrong with that Illya" your tone grew angrier with each word you spoke.

"A man does not look at my woman that way, and then gets away with it" he told you bluntly, his striking Russian accent shining through.

You sighed and pinched the bridge of your nose "I am not your woman Illya" you stated, and a look of hurt washed across his face momentarily.

"For the purpose of this mission Y/N" he started to talk as he made his way to stand in front of you, "You are my woman, and I am your man" he didn't speak in the tone he did before, he seemed determined to prove something.

Illya reached forward and placed his hands gently on your upper arms "Then, if it is just for the mission, why do I get the impression that it should be more?" you quizzed the tall, blonde Russian agent.

He looked shocked and didn't respond straight away, like he usually did.

Illya took a step back from you and gave you a hesitant look "Because..." he began, but then paused as if to find something within him, "I do not like the idea of any other man making you laugh, helping you when you are drunk, comforting you when you are upset" he confessed, solely taking your hand in his, "I like my woman to be strong, her own person but at the same time, need me to help her once in a while" he softly explained to you.

You found yourself unable to answer him, what does someone say in response to that?

Illya stroked the back of your hand with his thumb, "I do not know about you Y/N, but I stopped pretending long ago" you could tell that he meant what he said, Illya was not one to lie.

"I am still not your fiancé" you joked which caused Illya to crack a smile.

He moved his free hand up to rest on your cheek "I can guarantee that I will ask you one day Ahren*" he spoke in a loving tone, using a term of endearment that, despite speaking fluent Russian, you weren't completely familiar with but you knew you would be soon.

Without another word, Illya leant down and pressed his lips to yours.

For the first time in those six months, the both of you knew that there were feelings behind the kisses.

*Angel

~*~

Written by Hannah.