Danny Wheeler- Hurt (h)

Baby Daddy One Shot

Ever since you started dating Danny, you had supported him non-stop.

It was no secret that Danny was prone to getting hurt during games, he got so into the game and that's all he could focus on.

Being engaged to Danny meant that you were at every single one of his games, no matter what, but that also meant that you would be there to clean him up whenever he got hurt.

Danny hadn't gotten hurt for the while, but that was because the season ended and he hadn't played a proper game in closed season.

It was the first game of the season, and the team always got there a few hours early to warm up and such.

You had decided against going with him, it's not that you didn't want to go but you needed to clean the apartment as none of the boys were going to do it so you opted to stay home for a bit.

After finishing cleaning, you made your way up to the stadium and went to the changing rooms.

Danny always ensured that the security knew who you were and let you see him; he was adamant that he couldn't do well if he didn't see you prior to every game.

The security guard smiled at you as you showed him your pass, before pushing the door open to see the players all doing their own thing.

As you scanned the room, your eyes met with your fiancé's and he smiled at you "Hey Baby" he greeted you once you reached him.

"How're you feeling?" you asked, standing in between Danny's legs and him placing his hands on your waist.

Danny sighed a little "I don't know, it's the first game back and I just don't want to mess up" he admitted to you.

You moved closer, and wrapped your arms around Danny's neck "Don't be nervous; you have been training like crazy and all you have talked about for the past two weeks is the new season," you explained which made Danny smile "Take it from the girl you're going to marry, you'll rock it" you told him.

After your tiny pep talk, it was time for the game so you were now watching the team out on the ice, getting slammed here, there and everywhere.

You had missed watching Danny in action, but you hadn't missed watching him get slammed into the surroundings or into his team mates and his opponents.

Before you knew it, Danny was down and the crowd was yelling at him to get up. It was different to many other times though, his team mates were crowding him to see if he was okay and even the coach looked worried – the coach never looked worried with Danny.

You got up as soon as Danny was taken to the tunnel. You ran down to the changing room, and once you were in there you saw the physio standing over Danny who was on an examination table.

"Hey Baby" he greeted you, just like he did earlier, but this time he was grimacing in pain.

You rolled your eyes and walked over to him "What did you do this time?" you asked with a sigh.

"He was talking about you! What was I supposed to do? Let him disrespect my future wife?" he explained, with the occasional glare at the physio who was trying to help.

You just rolled your eyes in response, but secretly you were happy that Danny defended you.

~*~

Requested by mads925

Written by Hannah.