Finn Hudson- Perfect (c)

Glee One Shot

You pulled your knees up to your chest, resting your face on top of them in an attempt to hide your falling tears. Sometimes people would walk around behind the building, but it was rare meaning, the chances were that you were safe from being found there whilst you let out your emotions. You had had enough of your peers for one day and just needed a moment to console yourself before you had to face them anymore.

Teenagers could be so vicious. Not that it was the case for all of them, but after three Cheerios cornered you and began to pick on you for not being like them, you couldn't take anymore 'socialising'.

After what felt like a lifetime but was realistically more like fifteen minutes someone's footsteps made you look up from your jeans.

Finn knelt down in front of you looking concerned.

"What happened Y/N?" He questioned.

"Nothing," you muttered not wanting to worry him, but that failed.

"You don't just cry because of nothing," he stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'm fine Finn, really."

Your words and soft smile were supposed to be reassuring him, but seen as it was a complete lie, he wasn't believing what you were attempting to convince him.

"Don't lie to me. I hate seeing you upset," he frowned, reaching a hand out to lift up your chin so that you looked him in the eyes.

Crinkling your nose, you attempted to hold in a sob but you couldn't help it. You always tried to not let their words hurt you, but they always did, no matter how much you tried to tell yourself that they were all just empty words.

"Some girls said some things that got to me. I'm being silly," you shrugged attempting to make yourself smaller in wrapping your arms around your legs tighter.

Anger visibly appeared on his face at the thought of someone hurting you, even if it was verbally, the scars were there even if you were the only one that could see them.

"Who was it? What did they say? I am not letting them get away with hurting you Y/N," he demanded.

You sniffed again trying to hold back your tears.

"It doesn't matter Finn."

"It does matter."

"They were making fun of me because I can't be like the other girls and I'll never be a cheerio. I'm not pretty enough, and I'm not skinny enough and I'm not tall enough," you said in a near whisper.

His face was becoming red in annoyance of someone hurting his girlfriend. Yes, you weren't a cheerleader, nor did you look like a cheerleader but to him that didn't matter, it shouldn't matter to anyone as you were still perfect.

"Who was it Y/N?"

"Don't worry Finn. It'll just make it worse if you do something. It's fine though. I just want to stop thinking about it, please," you practically begged.

He calmed down instantly moving to sit next to you with an arm draped over your shoulder, pulling you into an embrace. Finn kissed the top of your head, holding you to him.

"I'm sorry. I hate to see you upset. I don't know why people have to be so mean. I'm glad that you are nothing like them as you are perfect. You are the most beautiful girl in this school and one part of that comes from that you'd never let anyone feel bad about themselves like they do," he said softly into your hair.

You moved slightly to look up at him, for the first time today, holding a genuine smile on your face.

"Thank you. It means a lot coming from you," you smiled weakly.

"It's the truth. Promise me you'll never believe anything that they said about you. Even if you don't want me to do anything, I am here to help you. I know it's hard but you can trust me and everything will be fine."

You nodded softly. "I promise."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.