Ethan Hardy- Flu (c)

Your husband was the person that you loved most in the world, however he could be a bloody handful. He was sweet and you loved him a lot, but whenever he got ill he was frankly terrible to be around.

It troubled you to think of how terrible he would possibly be if he ever had anything serious, seen as you were pretty much ready to knock him out and he only had the flu. It had taken you all morning to finally get him to lie down on the sofa which was the best compromise you could find. As soon as you left the room to go and make him a cup of tea, Ethan had gotten up and was trying to read through some paperwork but seen as you had confiscated his glasses he wasn't doing well.

"Ethan, I told you to rest," you sighed putting the two mugs onto the coffee table.

He looked up at you with his bloodshot eyes as he wiped his nose with one of the many tissues you had supplied him with.

"I'm fine, Y/N," he sighed moving one of the pieces of paper back and forth to try and find where was the best place for him to see the writing.

You took his hand slowly guiding him back to lie under the blanket on the sofa, pressing your lips to his warm forehead.

"Just rest. You should know that you need to just relax and let the flu go away on its own. It's just a little virus and you will be fine in a couple of days if you don't keep trying to strain yourself and do stuff," you sighed, kneeling down next to him, tucking him in with the blankets you had brought down.

"I don't want to rest," he whined.

You gave him a warning look as you handed him the mug of tea.

"They weren't bloody kidding when they said doctors were the worst patients," you frowned.

"I'm sorry," he stated taking a sip of the tea. "I just don't want you to have to wait on me hand and foot. I feel so useless just ling here and doing nothing, it is just a petty flu, I'll be fine, Love."

You gave him a pitiful smile as you knelt in front of him.

"I don't mind taking care of you dear. I love you and I am fine helping you because you need it. I just want you to get better. And there is no way that can possibly happen if you keep trying to do stuff," you smiled softly. "Now you need to rest or I will staple the blanket to the sofa meaning you can never escape."

He laughed softly even though it did lead to him wheezing a bit from his illness.

"I love you."

"And I love you too. But I shall kiss you when you feel better as I don't want to catch your germs whilst you are sick."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.