Greg Lestrade- Anniversary (c)

You were actually ever so proud by the fact that Greg was wishing to do something special for your ten-year anniversary especially when the day fell on a day he couldn't get out of work. You were happy to postpone the plans until the weekend but he insisted that the two of you would continue as originally planned.

Seen as he was at work he was going to get ready at the office and be home in time to whisk you away for a special dinner. He had done well to hold his ground and not tell you anything about what he had planned for the two of you, as supposedly that would ruin the magic of your evening. The only thing he would tell you was that it was fairly fancy so you were prohibited from leaving the house in your pyjamas as he knew you'd prefer.

In the time leading up to when your husband was expected to return home from work, you got ready as best as you could for what was ahead of you. You weren't one to go to fancy places often, or at all really. Nevertheless, you tried your hardest, putting on the dress you had worn to your sister's wedding a couple of years prior, frankly surprised that it still fit.

You didn't know what to do with your hair, simply clipping it back too make it look better than the time you had put in to actually do it.

Not fancying the hell of high heels for longer than you needed, you decided to sit cross legged on the sofa, bare foot to watch TV until Greg arrived back.

When the front door opened, you tried to stand up to greet him, but tripped over your own feet, allowing his first sight of you as though you were a deer caught in the headlights.

A smile curved onto his lips as he saw you, ever so happy to see you. It was though he hadn't seen you for a lifetime not as though he had only seen you this morning.

"You look incredible in that," he grinned walking towards you.

"Thank you love. You look amazing as well," you responded gesturing to his suit he wore.

Greg reached out his hand to take yours and raise it to his lips. He left a soft kiss to the reverse of your palm.

"Is it possible to love too much?" He smiled warmly.

You used your other hand to playfully shove his shoulder.

"Don't be so cheesy you goof. We've been married for ten years, you don't have to use lines of me anymore," you laughed softly.

He pulled you to him so that he could kiss you firmly, a smile still present when he leaned away, holding you in the embrace.

"is it illegal to still love my wife?" He asked. "I said until death do us part, and not one day do I ever wish to change that. Now if I am still permitted would you like to go to dinner?"

You couldn't help but grin at the man you loved ever so much.

"Sorry. Let me get my shoes on and we can go."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Inspiration.