Jamie Taylor- Jealous (c)

The Haunting of Bly Manor One Shot

When you started working at Bly Manor, you hadn't intended to have a role in raising the two children, having initially been hired as a cleaner but after what had happened to Rebecca, you had ended up working as their temporary au pair until the new one could be hired. You split your time cleaning the home and caring for the children, the gardener Jamie having even assisting you with some of your chores, rather than trailing mud throughout the halls as she normally did. You quickly realised the only reason she helped out was to spend time with you, but you weren't mad, you were fond of her and had spent the previous eighteen months that you had been working together shamelessly flirting without ever admitting to your feelings.

The flirting continued between the two of you until the new au pair was hired. You instantly hit it off with Dani as you worked closely with her to introduce her to her role in the two kid's life and helping her find her feet in a new country, home and job all wrapped into one. You didn't mean to distance yourself from Jamie, nor did you have any interest in Dani but you had spent a lot of time with the American, to the Brit's dismay. Jamie had been watching the interactions between you two, how often you spent time together and how you laughed and smiled at nearly every comment from Dani's mouth. Although she had no reason to be jealous, you weren't in a relationship, she couldn't help but be pained by seeing you growing closer with another woman. She hated how she felt but it was what she needed to finally tell you what she felt for you.

When Jamie saw you wave off Dani on her walk with the two children, she stopped you before you could return to the house.

"What's going on with you two?" She asked, not starting with a greeting, just throwing the question straight at you.

"Pardon?" You frowned, not even certain what she was referring to.

"You and her," she said gesturing off in the direction that Dani was walking away in. "Since she arrived, you've barely even spoken to me."

You raised an eyebrow at her. "I've just been helping her get used to living here, I'm sorry if you feel like I've not been spending time with you."

Jamie's frustration overwhelmed her as both hands knitted into her own messy brown hair to try and gain some form of release.

"God Y/N," she said through gritted teeth, trying to stop herself from screaming. "I really fucking like you."

You didn't know what to say. Since you met Jamie, you had liked her but you never wanted to make things awkward by admitting how you felt as you didn't think she could ever feel the same; but here she was telling you that she did care for you.

"Why didn't you say anything?" You said in nearly a whisper.

"I didn't want to ruin everything," she sighed, her hands falling limp to her side.

You stepped forward, with all the confidence you could muster to rest a hand to her reddened cheek.

"So did I," you smiled softly, closing the last gap between you to press your lips to hers, finally.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.