Tommy Shelby- Promises (c)

Peaky Blinders One Shot

Dating Tommy Shelby wasn't easy. Most of the time the good was more than the bad but tonight you were doubting that. His schedule was usually not very organised at the best of the time, but he made sure he put time into your relationship and treated you like a princess but over the last couple of months he had missed several date nights and the night before was the final straw. You felt livid. You didn't ask questions about what he did, you did your best to not get involved as long as he came home to you every night and took care of you like he promised.

Most of the time if he couldn't make a date, he let you know. You were fine to reschedule but last night you had dressed up and made an elaborate dinner for the two of you that ultimately went cold and uneaten when he didn't come home. When you awoke in the morning his side of the bed had been used but he had already headed out for the day, and you were willing to let the annoyance bubble within you. You knew what time he normally came home and you made sure your dinner was cooked and eaten before then, returning yourself to the living room to read until he did return home.

Tommy entered the room, letting out a sigh as he shrugged off his jacket, laying it over the back of the armchair.

"Evening," he said, removing his hat. "What's for dinner tonight?"

You didn't look up from the book you had been staring at, not reading for the past hour. "It's your turn to make dinner."

You had known Tommy for years and not once had you seen him cook, only having ever been assisted by him in the kitchen on the rare occasion.

"I don't cook," he stated.

"Then you don't eat," you spat.

It took him a moment before he realised what bothered you. He crossed the room to kneel before you, gently parting your legs to give him somewhere to situate.

"I'm sorry for missing our date yesterday," he said, reaching up to push the book down so that you had no choice but to look at him.

Tommy leant down to press a kiss to your stocking covered knee, resting his hand upon your thigh.

"It wasn't the first," you stated, trying to keep a focus on your anger.

"I know," he said softly, moving to kiss slightly further higher on your leg. "I'm sorry."

He pressed a couple more kisses along your leg, peering up at you to see your unimpressed expression softening.

"I promise to make it up to you," he stated.

"Sometimes I hate you Thomas Shelby," you said, your frown forced on your face.

"I know," he sighed. "But I will make it up to you, will you let me?"

You hesitated for a moment before nodding your head.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.