Jake Brockman- Notes (h)

It was strange to be staying at your boyfriend's place for the past few days, it's not that you hadn't done it before but it was just the length of time that you had been staying there.

Your parents had gone away on a holiday, leaving you at home but they didn't want to leave you by yourself so they had arranged for you to stay with your boyfriend and his family.

Of course, your boyfriend's family didn't mind you staying with them and it was nice to have a full household rather than just you and your parents.

You and Jake had been together for just under two years so you weren't a stranger to his house or to his parents or to his rather random siblings that enjoyed to come out with any comment they could possibly thing of.

It was still kind of early in the morning, Ben and Karen had school but you and Jake had a day off from college so the two of you were sat in the living room – just enjoying the peace and quiet before the storm of everyone waking up.

You were only wearing one of Jake's t-shirts and some shorts, whilst Jake was in a pair of shorts. It was summer and for England, it was reaching surprisingly high temperatures meaning you were not in the mood to be wearing a large number of layers.

Jake had his arm around your shoulder whilst the television had the morning news on, "What are we gonna do today then?" you quizzed.

Your boyfriend turned to look down at you "Depends on what you want to do" he answered with a smirk on his face.

You rolled your eyes and shoved him playfully "That isn't what I asked Brockman" you stated causing him to laugh.

He shrugged "We might as well just stay here all day Baby, it won't be that bad and we've got the house to ourselves" he explained, his smirk still present on his face.

You laughed and then stood up, offering Jake your hand, "Come on, they're going to be up soon, the least we can do is get them some breakfast" you suggested as you heard movement upstairs.

Jake sighed but took your hand anyway "Why are you so nice to them? They can make their own breakfast" he grumbled to himself as you pulled him towards the kitchen.

You began to get some bowls out "I'm nice to them because for one, they are nice to be and second, they are my boyfriend's family" you explained as you grabbed the cereal.

Jake scoffed and then sat down at the dining table "You're too nice to them" he stated as he rested his chin on his hands.

Sue then came into the kitchen "Oh good morning you two" she sounded surprised as she spoke "Y/N you don't need to do that" she told you before trying to stop you sorting stuff out.

You shook your head with a smile on your face "Don't be silly Sue. I'm practically living here right now, I can help out" you explained to her.

Sue turned to Jake "Take notes from your girlfriend"

~*~

Written by Hannah.