Noah Foster- Berlioz (c)

You had never been to Noah's house before, and according to your mutual friend Audrey, she and his mother were the only females to have ever actually been in his room, so she was proud that her virginal friend had finally started a relationship with an actual girl.

It was a nice home and as soon as he left you in the living room for a moment to retrieve the two of you both a drink, you noticed the bundle of fur curled up on the sofa. Not once had Noah mentioned that he had even had a cat, let alone how adorable of a cat it was.

You perched yourself next to it on the sofa, gently placing a hand onto the back of the animal and running it down to its tail a purr leaving it as you did so. You continued this action until it crawled into your lap seeking more comfort from you.

Noah quickly returned and grimaced at you and the animal in your lap.

"You don't have to pay attention to that thing. He'll just go back to sleep," he stated placing your glass onto the coffee table before sitting down next to you.

"But he is so adorable and he wants to be shown love," you smiled down at the beautiful face of the black cat. "What is his name?"

"Berlioz," he frowned. "Stop name for a mean creature."

You gasped at his hateful tone towards such a sweet and innocent being.

"Why are you being so cruel towards him? He is so lovely," you said softly holding him close to me.

"He scratches and bites me and all he does is sleep and eat and demand attention, what type of pet is that? I'm less of his owner more of his slave," he stated.

A laugh escaped your lips as you continued to stroke the cat happily.

"That's what cats do. You don't own a cat, you work for a cat," you explained. "You work for their love, and look it's very worthwhile."

"No it's not," he grumbled. "You are paying attention to him when we are supposed to be spending time together."

You gave him a pitiful smile, keeping one hand resting on the black for of the creature to appease it, whilst the other moved up to rest on Noah's jaw so that you could hold him closer to you so that you could peck his cheek.

"Don't get jealous of a cat. If only you two could get along, then I would be able to spend more time with you. It's such a shame that I am now going to have to spend all my time with Berlioz instead of you," you shrugged with an over-dramatized sigh.

He rolled his eyes at you.

"I'm only going to try to get along with the evil thing, for you. It is a cruel form of torture Y/N, but I'll do it for you," he said defeated.

"Thank you Noah. It means the world to me."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.