Bradley Bradshaw- Bradshaw (h)

Top Gun One Shot

When Bradley first told you about the mission, you had been excited for him. He was one of the best of the best, and he has been chosen for this brilliant opportunity – but when it came down to it, the reality that he was leaving and you didn't know how for long, you were worried.

As soon as he had told you about Maverick being there, you had wanted to go straight over to Top Gun and see him but unfortunately you still had a job, one that you needed to keep.

After a lot of called in favours, you'd managed to get a week off and you were heading straight to Top Gun with not a word to Bradley.

Once you arrived, the word around was that there was a lot of attractive Navy men on the beach so that's where you headed.

Safe to say you were not disappointed.

As you walked onto the beach you watched them all playing football, cheering each other on, and seeing Bradley so happy and carefree made your heart swell.

You wolf-whistled when Bradley made a touchdown, which made everyone's heads snap to you.

"Looking good Bradshaw!" you yelled over to him as you wandered closer.

The people surrounding Bradley looked on in confusion as he ran over to you, picking you up and spinning you around. "Not as good as you do Bradshaw."

You rolled your eyes, laughing. "I'm not a Bradshaw yet," you reminded him as he put you down.

"You're as good as," he slung his arm around your shoulder as he spoke, gently guiding you over to the gathered crowd of his crew mates.

You hadn't considered how daunting it would be to meet Bradley's team, and with their faces all staring at you it definitely felt daunting.

"This is Y/N, my girlfriend," he introduced you to everyone, and then one by one he told you who everyone standing there was.

At the end of it you weren't sure you had all their names, but they all seemed kind enough. "It's nice to meet you all," you smiled as you spoke. "I apologise for turning up out of the blue."

They all shook their heads, scarily in unison, as Bradley kept you close to his side.

After a few minutes of chatting, Maverick told them all to take a break and find some food, so everyone wandered off leaving you and Bradley stood with Maverick.

"So, this is the infamous Y/N?" Maverick asked Bradley, a small smile on his face.

Bradley laughed but nodded, and you could tell from that that Bradley was beginning to let go of his resentment for Maverick.

"It's nice to officially meet you Y/N," Maverick held his hand out to you, which you shook. "I'm Pete."

Maverick quickly excused himself to find some food after introducing himself, leaving you and Bradley on your own.

The two of you walked to the shore and sat down on the sand. "What made you come here?"

You sighed, turning to Bradley. "When you told me Mav was here, I wanted to be there for you," you told him honestly. "I know you hold a big grudge against him, and I don't blame you for it, but I didn't want you to go through it on your own."

Bradley pulled you into his side. "Thank you baby," he pressed a kiss to the top of your head. "Mav and I have had a chance to chat, we've cleared the air for now."

You nodded but didn't say anything, you just stared out to the horizon.

"One of the first things I told him about was you," he stated. "He remembered seeing you at my graduation, but he never came over."

"I'm glad he's here with you Bradley," he seemed confused at your statement. "It means someone will be looking out for you, and you need that here."

~*~
Written by Hannah.