Eloise Bridgerton- Servants (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

It was oddly simple to hide your relationship with Eloise. The two of you had been best friends since childhood and although you both knew that you couldn't openly be romantically together, no one questioned half of the stuff you did, assuming it was just a close friendship between women rather than a courtship.

Currently the two of you were laying out in the grass of her home's garden, appreciating the warm spring afternoon. You mindlessly played with the petals of a daisy you had plucked from beside you, whilst entwining the fingers of your other hand with hers. She looked up at the sky, scanning the shapes in the clouds as they floated above you.

"It just doesn't make sense," she sighed. "I wouldn't have thought it would be this tricky to track down who Lady Whistledown was."

"Isn't that meant to be the point?" You chuckled. "She wouldn't write half of the things that she does if it was simple to figure out who she was. It would instantly destroy her status in London if everyone knew it was her who had written such cruel things about every single person."

She shook her head, her dark hair curling amongst the grass that it lay in.

"I do not believe that she has any status."

"Would do you mean?" You asked propping yourself up on your elbows so that you could look down at her.

"She must be a servant. I have been looking into everyone I can find within any house of importance in London, she may even work for the Queen."

You furrowed your brows at her. She was a very intelligent woman but for once you had to disagree with her on the matter.

"No servant would have time to do their daily jobs and then run around finding out the information and writing it down, let alone publishing it," you stated. "They are far busier than we could ever know, but they are also invisible to most, they tend to know everything in the house, if you are going to find out who Lady Whistledown is, then talking to the servants may be your best bet."

A sparkle shone in her eyes as if everything had finally clicked for her. She sat up excitedly, cupping your cheeks in her hands

"You're a bloody genius," she grinned. "Dare I say, I think you might be my soulmate."

You couldn't help but laugh as she leaned in to press a kiss to your cheeks before she ran off to hound the nearest maid she could find.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.