Daphne Bridgerton- Heart (c)

Bridgerton One Shot

A secret relationship wasn't ideal. You had always imagined that you would have a public and happy courtship with whomever you fell in love with, but you weren't aware that the one to hold your heart would be a woman. You had fallen in love with Daphne straight away and she requited your feelings. You loved each other dearly and had to accept that if the world knew that you were together then it would only start a witch hunt.

It was hard to show how much she meant to you. You regularly met up in secret to have stolen moments from the public eye but those were few and far between and it wasn't as though you were able to do anything of importance with them. You wanted to be able to scream to the sky that you were in love with Daphne Bridgerton, but it wasn't possible to do that, nor was it possible to do much else to show her your love. Simple and meaningful gestures were going to suffice though.

Once more your secret rendezvous came around, the two of you meeting at her home with you being snuck in through the servant's entrance and having to exit the same way in a few hours. As soon as you were hidden away in her chambers, with a door securely stuck under the doorhandle to forbid anyone walking in on you, you turned to the woman you loved.

You cupped her cheeks between your hands, taking in the beauty of the one you held so close.

"I love you," you smiled. "I wish I did not have to sneak in to get a chance to tell you that."

She smiled in return, her cheeks reddening, avoiding your loving stare. "I love you too."

You leaned in and pressing your lips to hers in a kiss. A content sigh escaped your lips as you pulled away. Even the gentle touches of Daphne were able to melt away any frustration you felt about the relationship hiding behind closed doors.

"I brought you a gift," you said, rummaging through your dress pocket.

"You needn't bring me gifts," she reprimanded, knowing you rarely met up empty handed as you wanted to use any gestures you could to prove your interest in her.

You pulled them small piece of fabric from your pocket and placed it into her hand. It wasn't much, a little scrap of fabric that had been sewn into a heart with both of your initials embroidered onto it, sewn all by your hand.

"Thank you," she said, looking slightly baffled by the item.

"I hope this will be a token to remind you that you have my heart."

Daphne smiled down at the item, clutching it close to her chest. "I shall never be able to forget."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.