Janey Harper- Dinner (c)

You didn't know your way around a kitchen too well, but you had to do your best to cook a semi-decent meal for Janey. She wasn't the most conventional mother but she cared so dearly for Kenzo and did the best she could, including working her arse off at a job that she didn't particularly enjoy.

Seen as she was at work, you had arranged for Susan to babysit for the evening seen as it was a Friday night so he would likely enjoy having Saturday with his family. It was rare that Janey and yourself would get time to yourself so you thought tonight would be a good time. Knowing what time, she was expected home you had begun to cook dinner even though you weren't a very good cook at all.

Dinner was being dished up with Janey walked through the door.

"I'm home," she called out.

As she walked into the kitchen, she looked confused as to why there wasn't over cooked chips or a microwave meal on the table.

"Hey. Where's Kenzo?" She questioned.

"Your mum took him for the evening," you smiled. "I thought we could have some alone time. So, I made us dinner."

She walked over to you pecking your lips, content to have a calm and relaxing evening. Although she loved her son, she was a young mum and still missed the freedom she had prior to being a mother.

You smiled, gesturing her towards one of the dining room chairs, which she sat down in happily.

The two of you started to eat your meal, but after the first bite of her food, she let out a gasp that concerned you terribly. You knew that you weren't a good cook, but you didn't think that you were that terrible of a chef.

"Is it really that bad?" You asked still hovering the fork in front of your lips, having not even taken your first bite yet.

"God... is this actually food?" She asked.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think it'd be so terrible," you sighed reaching across to take the plate away from her, but she practically hissed at you to forbid you from taking the plate away from her.

She shovelled another fork full of food into her mouth, letting out a content sigh.

"This is what actual food tastes like? And for all of these years I have been putting up with my Mother's cooking. You need to cook more often Y/N. This is so bloody amazing," she grinned.

"Oh..." you paused. "I'm glad that you like it."

"Like it? Like it!? I bloody love it."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.