Leith Bayard- Gardens (c)

You heart was racing as you built up the courage to enter the kitchens of the French Court. It wasn't as though you hadn't been there before and you were more than welcome to go there but the nerves were by far more about the man you would see when you went there rather than the place itself.

Hesitantly you walked into the kitchens to see the man you had wanted to meet up with. He was stood at his work station, having not noticed that you were there in the doorway, consumed by his work that he needed to do.

"Leith," you called meekly making your way towards him.

Luckily no one else was there other than him, so it wasn't as though anyone would argue with the fact that you had clear intentions to distract him from his job that he should be doing.

"Y/N," he smiled warmly wiping his hands on his apron.

"Sorry to disturb you," you said softly. "Do you have a moment?"

He laughed untying his apron and pulling it over his head to lay unfolded on a bench.

"I work in the kitchens, all I have is time," he stated. "What do you need?"

"Well I wanted to go for a walk. Lola and Kenna told me of how lovely the gardens here were and I haven't had a chance to see them, so I wondered whether you would like to show me around?" You offered trying to be polite and not make him feel like he had to leave his work.

You hadn't been in France for too long, having only arrived with Mary and her other ladies in waiting a few months previously giving you enough time to talk to Leith and the two of you to share feelings for each other.

"Of course, I would love to show you around," he smiled.

He walked towards you offering you his arm which you took happily, allowing him to lead you towards the gardens of the French court.

Instantly the sight of it all amazed you.

"It is ever so beautiful here, I thought they were joking when they spoke about the beauty of this place," you smiled softly content with being in the gardens with Leith.

"It is beautiful, but I can see something holding far more beauty than the gardens," he said looking at you lovingly.

Your cheeks began to flush not understanding how he could like you at all.

Leith stopped walking so that he could rest a finger under your chin, making you look up at him so that he could lean forward and kiss you lightly showing you that every word he spoke was from his heart.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.