Sherlock Holmes- Sophistication (h)

Sherlock One Shot

You had never been one for outwardly celebrating anniversaries, of course it was nice to acknowledge them and celebrate with your significant other but just not make it known to the whole world.

Despite not liking going out for your anniversaries, you had agreed to go for dinner with your boyfriend.

Sherlock wasn't the most affectionate boyfriend at the best of times; in the early days of your relationship you were lucky if he even hugged you or held your hand, let alone kissed you or slept next to each other.

Over the two years, however, the affection and intimacy had greatly improved. Everything seemed normal now, it was just like second nature and no one really questioned it.

Of course, most people that met Sherlock for the first time were rather confused as to how he had managed to stay in a relationship for such a long time, and not freak the girl out due to the large amount of lovable quirks he had.

Sherlock had suggested going for dinner a couple of weeks prior to today, which was no surprise as you knew he wanted to be organised and ensure that everything would go off without a hitch.

The restaurant he had booked a table at was a high end restaurant, so everyone would be dressed up in their best evening wear, and it was also incredibly hard to get a reservation the night before which was why Sherlock needed a few weeks' notice.

You had just finished getting ready, so you walked into the living room of 221B Baker's Street where you lived with your boyfriend and John.

Sherlock stood up from his chair as soon as you entered. You were dressed in a black and silver lace evening gown, a pair of lovely heels that Sherlock had bought for you last Christmas, a silver clutch that matched your locket that Sherlock had also gifted to you for your birthday.

"Darling, you look beautiful" Sherlock complimented you as you did a small spin to show him your outfit.

You took his outstretched hand and smiled at him "You look handsome as well my Love" you told him which made him smile ever so slightly.

The both of you made your way downstairs, and Sherlock hailed a taxi to take you to the restaurant. Sherlock told the driver where he needed to go, and then gently placed his hand on your thigh "Would you like to tell me how I got such a breathtaking girlfriend?" Sherlock whispered in your ear which made you giggle.

You turned to him, and sat up slightly "Figure it out yourself Detective" you whispered in reply, causing your boyfriend to smirk.

The taxi soon arrived at the restaurant, and Sherlock paid the fare before helping you out of the taxi.

He wrapped his arm around your waist as the two of you walked into the restaurant. Sherlock used his free hand to open the door for you and allowed you to walk in before him.

You zoned out slightly whilst Sherlock told the waiter about your reservation, but soon came back to reality when you noticed the waiter looking you up and down.

The waiter led you and Sherlock to your table, which was a small booth towards the back of the restaurant which meant there wouldn't be too many people around.

You knew that Sherlock would've requested a slightly secluded table because neither of you were big fans of lots of people, so it was always best to keep a little distance.

Throughout the rest of the evening, the waiter continued to make flirtatious passes towards you and you could sense that Sherlock was getting more and more annoyed by the second.

It wasn't until the waiter brought the dessert menu over that Sherlock snapped.

"If none of that takes your fancy, pop round to my place later and I'll give you something good" the waiter told you with a wink.

Sherlock sighed and stood up "Vanity isn't very intriguing" Sherlock started and the waiter looked confused "You shouldn't be so forward with a lady, especially when she has company" he further explained which caused you to smile discreetly "So with all due respect, please do back off you pompous swine" Sherlock spoke with a deadpan look on his face but the waiter quickly left.

You stood up and made your way to stand next to Sherlock, "I love you Sherlock, despite your insults being pointless" you stated.

Sherlock looked down at you, and wrapped his arm around your waist to pull you closer to him "Darling, you can either stick to sophistication with great perception or go for a half-witted imbecile with lack of ambition" he spoke with a slightly entertained tone.

"You're very full of yourself, aren't you Holmes?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.