Quinn Fabray- Dreamer (c)

The future was always a dubious topic to discuss. It was filled with uncertainty and no matter how frequent your discussions became of it, it didn't become any clearer. You could have dreams and desires but until it became the present then it was a mystery to everyone. The uncertainty did worry you. You wanted to know if there was a happiness of life waiting for you of it only disappointment and ruin was going to occur.

Either way, whatever was in store you wouldn't know, not until it came to pass. But in the meanwhile, you had no intentions of stopping your discussions of your hopes and dreams for whatever may or may not occur.

You were lying in bed with your girlfriend by your side, fingers interlaced, and a blanket thrown over the top of you to help with the winter coolness that nestled in your room.

"I want to go to Yale. That's all I truthfully know I want as a certain. I don't know if I'll get in. I don't know if I'll be good enough to get in, but that's what I want," she sighed.

A smile couldn't help itself but to appear on your face. You wanted Quinn to be happy, and you are almost certain that she would get in as she was one of the highest excelling students within William McKinley High School.

"I'm sure that you will get in," you assured her, moving your head to the side to press a kiss to her cheek.

"Thank you. I hope I do," she smiled warmly. "What about you? What do you want from the future?"

You thought for a second but it was painfully clear what you wanted, and she was lying next to you.

"Well we'll both go to Yale obviously. And once we graduate we'll have successful careers on Broadway, the two of us against the world, desired by most, envied by all. And we will get married and it will be perfect. Then we can adopt a couple of babies and have a happy family life," you chuckled thinking of your idyllic future.

"You are quite the dreamer," she laughed rolling onto her side to look at you, so you did the same.

"You say that as though that is a bad thing."

She smiled warmly shaking her head and giving your hand a gentle and reassuring squeeze.

"It isn't a bad thing," she stated. "Far from it. I just don't want you to be disappointed if that doesn't happen. I hope it does. Believe me I hope it does, but I for one know that things don't always happen the way we want."

You shrugged your shoulders leaning in to peck her lips.

"It might not happen. Maybe we won't be together forever or have the careers we desire or have a perfect family. But it doesn't hurt to hope it will be that way. The world is cruel enough, we don't need to be cruel to ourselves about the fact as well."

She nodded her head in agreement, letting go of your hand so that she could wrap her arm around you and pull you into a tight embrace.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.