Claire Dearing- Relaxing (h)

Jurassic World One Shot

You kept telling yourself not to be nervous, that everything would be dandy, nothing to worry about.

It wasn't working.

Zach was taking you to the park to meet his Aunt Claire; after what had happened before and the whole escaping act, the park had been re-established and Claire was put in a higher position than she was before so she was a whole lot busier, but from what Zach had told you, Owen was helping her out a lot.

You and Zach were off school...well, technically Karen had pulled the two of you out for a week because she thought it would be good.

Gray was pretty bummed, he wanted to go back to the park but Karen told him he had to stay in school, that the trip was for you and Zach.

It was nice to know that Karen and Scott trusted you and Zach enough to go on a holiday together – Zach and Gray going away by themselves was different.

You and Zach had just dumped all of your stuff in your room, "You ready?" your boyfriend asked from the doorway of the bedroom part.

"Yeah, let's go" you made your way over to him, and grabbed his hand, after you answered him.

The atmosphere around the park was just unbelievable, there was so many people and you knew that the nervousness was disappearing.

Zach chuckled from next to you, and you looked up at him in confusion "You're finally relaxing" he commented as the two of you weaved through the crowd.

You rolled your eyes, and wrapped your other hand around Zach's arm as you kept your grip on his hand, "I do want to meet her, I just don't know how she'll react" you admitted.

Zach pressed a kiss to the top of your head, "Come on. I spoke to Owen, he's looking after her work for the afternoon so you two can get to know each other" he explained and you nodded in acknowledgement.

The two of you reached Claire's office, and Zach introduced you to her before grabbing Owen and disappearing.

"Well Y/N, take a seat, I don't bite" Claire said to you and you laughed slightly.

You sat down, and Claire smiled at you "It's really great to meet you. Zach talks about you a lot" you told her and she smiled, "Especially, and I quote, how badass you were back when the escape act occurred" you explained which caused her to laugh.

"Wow" she breathed out, curling up in her chair, "I didn't realise he remembered so much about that" she laughed as she spoke.

You smiled, "He got home, and wouldn't shut up about how you saved him and Gray and it made him look up to you so much more" her smile grew as you spoke.

She got up, and poured the two of you some water, "Owen helped, y'know" she said, handing you the glass.

You took a sip of your drink "He's the guy in the leather vest right? Big boots?" you quizzed and she nodded, laughing at the same time.

"That would be the one" she answered, "He's my boyfriend, surprisingly" she stated, seeming to tell herself at the same time as well.

"Zach told me that he's taking care of work for you this afternoon" you spoke as you took a sip again, "That's nice of him" you commented and Claire nodded in agreement "I mean, I work myself into the ground with school and the amount of times Zach has had to get me to stop by hiding my books, or dragging me to watch a movie, or basically wiping everything off of my desk" you laughed whilst you spoke, remembering the multiple times of when Zach had to get you to stop working.

Claire laughed along with you, "That doesn't surprise me" she told you "Zach cares about you, a lot" she stated and a faint blush crossed your cheeks "I know that he told you about me, but he told me about you. Every time he rang me, I would ask him about you and he would extend the conversation by at least a half hour because he started telling me whatever you two had done that week" she smiled at you as she spoke.

Your blush grew, "Thanks Claire, I actually can't believe how long we have been together for now" you confessed, she tilted her head slightly and motioned for you to continue "It's been two and a half years, it's mad, I am really lucky to have him" you looked down at your glass a little as you spoke, still blushing, but you looked up and saw Claire smiling.

"Awh Baby, you knew I am the lucky one" you heard from behind you, so you turned and saw Zach standing in the doorway with Owen.

You rolled your eyes, and Zach made his way over to you whilst Owen went over to Claire.

You stood up so Zach could sit down, and he pulled you down on his lap afterwards, "So what were you two talking about?" Owen quizzed from his spot behind Claire.

Claire made eye contact with you, and smiled, which caused the two of you to burst out in laughter thus leaving your boyfriends rather confused.

~*~

Written by Hannah.