Marcus Bell- Badge (h)

Elementary One Shot

You had worked with Marcus for a pretty long time; the two of you were friends to begin with, as well as working with each other out on the field, and then you started to be a couple instead of friends.

Working with each other was fun and hard.

It was fun, because you got to work alongside the guy you loved and cared about but it was hard because you loved and cared for him, you never wanted to see him get hurt or in danger – however, in your profession, danger kind of just found you.

Marcus had stayed over at yours the previous night, and he had gone against waking you for work so that you could sleep a little longer.

He had gone into work before you, to take care of some paper work to do with the latest arrest the two of you brought in – it was supposed to be your job, but clearly Marcus had other ideas.

After waking up, having a shower and getting dressed, you searched for your things that you needed and came across Marcus' badge.

He must've taken yours instead.

You chucked his badge into your bag, and made your way to your car so that you could go to the station.

Usually, you would call Marcus to let him know you were coming in, but the element of surprise was always a good thing.

You pulled up outside the station and parked up, before walking inside and greeting the people you passed.

When you walked to your department, you saw Marcus sitting down at his desk, with his back to you.

Making your way over to him, you pulled his badge out of your bag and wrapped your arms around his neck from behind, as you held up the badge in front of his face.

"You left something of yours at my house, again" you stated as you waved the badge around.

Marcus laughed, and stood up to turn around and wrap his arms around you "So the badge I am currently in possession of, is my girlfriend's?" he quizzed, releasing one arm to take his badge from you and hook it onto his belt.

He then turned slightly, and grabbed your badge off of his desk "Thankyou" you took the badge out of his hands as you spoke, clipping it onto your jacket.

A look of nervousness crossed Marcus' face momentarily, as he pulled you closer to him "I have a suggestion" he stated, hesitation in his voice, "Why don't we mix up our badges in a house of our own?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.