Lydia- Arrow (a)

Skyrim One Shot

With a sharp whistle the poison-tipped arrow glanced across the flowing grass, the leader of the stray bandit's cocked you a ravenous smile as it plunged into your thigh. Lydia charged with sword drawn proudly and separated the bandit's arm from its shoulder, he fell to the ground into a pile of his own corrupted, vile blood. She plunged her hefty blade into the studded tunic of the bandit and began rifling through its stained pockets as you ripped the arrow from your hip and tossed it onto the grass.

"Lydia..." You called out, the flowered meadow around you began to swirl as your hand became covered in your thick blood. A painful tingle emitted from the wound and spread through your limbs like a wildfire until your entire body sat in astonishing agony.

She tossed her sword and shield to the ground and ran over, supporting your back in her arms and resting your head in her shoulder. She fumbled around in her pockets before pulling out a corked vial of pinkish red, she held open your numb mouth and slowly poured the contents inside. The potion tasted almost sweet, with a hint of fresh earth and herb. It tasted much better than it smelt.

"Do not worry y/n, you will be okay." She pulled the small steel dagger that rested on your hip from its plain leather sheath and cut through the stitching that held your trousers together starting from the top until she could gain clearance to peer at the damage. "It however... does not look so good." With the help of the potion the pain slowly subsided and you became more conscious. "You have lost a lot of blood." She pulled a bandage from her satchel and wrapped it tightly around the wound.

"We need to carry on..." you protested, you tried to stand but Lydia held you to the ground. "We have been paid to do a job."

"If we carry on with you like this we will barely make it to Riften, we have already made good ground, I am sure we can take half a day to get you to somebody who knows about this." She wiped the poison on a loose rag. "I haven't seen poison like this y/n, we need to find somebody who can identify before it is too late." She hoisted you from the ground and wrapped your arm around her shoulder. "There is a small town around here if my memory serves me true. Hopefully they can arrange us transport to Riften. Don't worry y/n, you are safe with me."

~*~

Written by Aaron.