John McClane- Time (h)

Die Hard One Shot

It was definitely a strange feeling, a feeling that you never really thought would happen.

Despite it being strange, it was also good because of the things it would lead to.

You were getting married, and you had asked your fiancé's father to walk you down the aisle as he had been in your life for as long as you could remember.

John had been the closest thing to a father figure in your life for a long time, which meant that you saw it fitting to ask John to be the one to walk you.

When you asked John, he may or may not have cried and anyone that knew John, knew that he didn't cry.

You never thought your wedding would actually happen – the profession that Jack was in...well it wasn't exactly forgiving, even at the best of times.

You loved Jack, you really did, but he did not have the best reputation for thinking rationally and neither did his father.

Great family to marry into.

You were brought out of your thoughts by a knock on your hotel door, "It's open" you called.

The door opened, and John walked in. He was already dressed in his suit, and he shot you a dashing smile when he saw you stood in your dress "You look beautiful Y/N" he complimented you which caused you to blush slightly.

"Thanks John" you said to him and you turned away from the mirror, to face your soon to be father-in-law.

John chuckled as he walked towards you, "You can start calling me Dad, you know" he told you in a soft tone.

You giggled but shook your head slightly, "I'll leave that part to Jack, he hasn't even said it consistently yet" you explained but John just smiled.

"We've just got to give him time" John said with a small sigh.

You shrugged, and John offered you his arm, "Well I hope he doesn't want too much time, he's getting married in a matter of minutes"

~*~

Written by Hannah.