Greg Lestrade- Work (c)

Being married to a workaholic did sometimes make you feel rough, not feeling as though your husband wanted to spent enough time with you, due to the fact that he used a majority of his time at his office or simply doing his job. The only bit that reassured you was how much he complained about work, making it clear that he did want to spend time with you rather than doing his duty at work. Rarely ever did he have to stay later than usual at work, only if he was terribly stressed on a case and needed to get it finished to settle his concerns over the matter.

From the text message, you received, about it, you knew that he was going to overwork himself and just become a stressed mess which you wanted to try and help prevent.

Having been to the station on many occasions, you knew exactly where Greg's office was and made a beeline straight to it. When you reached the door, you could see through the small window in it, him looking down at paperwork, running a hand through his greying hair. You smiled softly through the window, rapping your knuckles against the wood to gain his attention as you pushed it open.

"Y/N?" He smiled warmly, happy to see you.

"Hello, Love. Got your message about a long night," you offered in a chipper tone, closing the door behind you, approaching his desk.

"I wanted you to know so you didn't make me dinner, I didn't mean you had to come here," he said weakly, feeling guilty for you travelling to his workplace.

Shaking your head, you rolled your eyes at him. "Pish posh, Greg. I thought I'd keep you company for a bit, you work yourself too hard sometimes, and really is it a crime for a wife to miss her husband?"

He let out a deep chuckle as you walked around his desk to stand behind him. You leant forward wrapping your arms around him in a hug and gently resting your chin on his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" He smiled putting his pen down on the desk.

"Hugging my husband. Gosh, you act as if I never show you affection," you grinned, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

He raised one of his hands to rest over yours, rubbing soft circles over the back of your hand with his thumb.

"You are a terrible distraction," he stated.

"I can leave if you really want me to. But it is ever so dark out, and I took the bus," you sighed dramatically.

You let go of him as he stood up from his seat, grabbing his coat from the back of his chair.

"Well then, I guess we're heading home," he smiled, leaning in to kiss you properly.

"That's what I like to here," you grinned.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.