Robin Scherbatsky- Drinks (c)

How I Met Your Mother One Shot

You had moved to New York three months ago, so you weren't overly familiar with the area, meaning you had found a few places where you were comfortable and now familiar with, so you stayed with only visiting those couple of places. One of the places you had found, that wasn't overly hectic but was nice enough was McLaren's Pub. You'd been there a couple of times previously but you had a Saturday night free with nothing much to do so had placed yourself at the bar, buying a drink.

It wasn't as though you were completely against talking to people, but rather you preferred people watching from your place on the bar stool.

You were happily in the midst of your own thoughts, when a tall brunette walked up next to you to order her drink from the bartender.

As you looked at her out of the corner of your eye, you recognised her instantly. Having spent minimal time watching television, you had only watched news shows falling into a routine of watching Metro News 1.

"Add it to my tab," you smiled at the bartender.

The brunette turned to you, raising an eyebrow.

"You're Robin Scherbatsky right?"

She nodded.

"Y/N. I pretty much only watch Metro News 1, which is probably saying more about me than anything. But it is a pleasure to meet you," you said with a smile attempting to do your best to seem friendly and welcoming rather than creepy which was probably how you were really being portrayed.

"Well it's nice to meet you too," she stated. "Thank you for the drink."

"My pleasure."

The bartender handed Robin her drink, and she sat down next to you on the adjacent bar stool.

Robin began to discuss with you about whether you were from the area and it appeared you had been relatively new to New York in common. It was rather odd to befriend a stranger so quickly, but it was nice to have someone offer to show you around, especially when she had to adjust to the area fairly quickly.

"I'm sorry but I am supposed to be meeting some friends. Would you like me to introduce you? They are just sat over there, and are giving me odd looks for being sat here and talking to a beautiful woman rather than them," she offered.

You couldn't help but allow your cheeks to flush crimson at her compliment.

"I would love to meet them."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.