Ulysses Hooten- The Incline (c)

Why you agreed to dangerous and remote areas of the globe with Hooten was beyond you. You had met years ago in America and had become fast friends seen as he had no one else that would willingly spend time with him, unless they were going to spend time in bed together. He was going to travel in the middle of nowhere in the search of something he could pawn illegally to get more money than he was worth, and you were only going to try and help him from being arrested or murdered by anyone that didn't agree with his criminal ways.

You weren't quite sure what country you were in, just in a generic part of South America, seen as you had walked so far throughout small villages and overgrowth, you were probably no longer in the country that you had started out in.

All had gone kind of well. You weren't dead, so that was good enough for the two of you, even though you were pretty sure you were probably going to get some form of disease from how filthy the two of you were with the lack of showers, along with the lack of sustainable food things probably weren't going to go great. Luckily Hooten assured you that you would be there soon even though you were sure he was lying as his sense of direction wasn't the best.

His lack of a sense of direction came to fruition when he told you it would be right ahead, but instead it turned out to be an incline that neither of you noticed. You probably would have been fine if he hadn't rushed you and pushed you forward, knocking the both of you down the incline.

You tumbled, getting covered in dirt, battering and bruising yourself and probably him too- not that you cared about his wellbeing. Once you had stopped falling, you felt pain and pure hatred of the arse that had led to you falling.

Hooten stood up, brushing off the leaves and twigs that had gotten stuck to his trousers, although it didn't really help as they were sodden with dirt. Finally learning how to be a gentleman, he offered you his hand.

You took it, not too gratefully, pulling at it in an attempt to pull him down but instead just getting to your feet grumpily. You glared at him pulling out the twig that had stuck into your hair.

"You could thank me, you know?" He frowned, grumpily.

"Thank you for what?" You hissed.

You knew very clearly what he wanted you to thank him for but truthfully there was no reason to thank him for anything. If he hadn't gotten you into that mess then you wouldn't have any reason to thank him, or even acknowledge how much of a prick he is.

"For helping you."

Gritting your teeth, you had to hold back from punching him in the face.

"Well aren't you a hero?" You sarcastically stated. "It's not like you were the one who got us into this in the first place."

He went to argue but his mouth closed having nothing else to say. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.