Mycroft Holmes- Dinner (c)

Elementary One Shot

Mycroft and yourself had met back in London a few years ago and were now engaged. Although you had come from two different worlds, you had fallen in love and everything seemed perfect even if there had been more than one bump in the road. Some bumps were bigger than others, and surprisingly you moving to America wasn't one of the biggest ones.

Even if he stayed in London, you kept in contact and when he decided to open a new restaurant in New York, it became fitting- perfect even.

With both of you working, you hadn't bet up just yet, however tomorrow was the opening of the new Diogenes so Mycroft had asked you to meet him there tonight. When you arrived it was practically empty other than your fiancé placing two plates of his food onto a candlelit table.

"Hello," you smiled closing the door behind you.

"You're early," he stated wiping his hands on his apron.

"Always am Love. However we haven't seen each other in over a month, you can't blame me for being slightly desperate to see my fiancé."

Even though you had stayed in contact at a constant rate, you had missed him and you were glad to have him there now.

Mycroft took off his apron throwing it onto an adjacent table, before turning his attention back to you. You took off your coat and hung it over the back of a chair, placing your handbag onto the table as well. Without giving him a warning you wrapped your arms around him pulling him into a bone crushing hug.

He seemed taken back by your gesture but happily returned the embrace. Your face was against his chest, but as he loosened the hug, he lifted your chin with a single finger so that he could bring his lips to yours.

"I've missed you too my dear," he smiled softly. "And that is why I made your favourite."

His hand gestured towards the laid table. He pulled out the chair for you to sit in before he moved over to his seat. You hadn't been able to reach your cutlery by the time his hand enclosed around yours, making you notice him smiling fondly at you.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You asked with a short laugh.

"I love you."

You crinkled your nose as you laughed lightly at his comment. You knew he loved you, he had told you multiple times a day for a long time.

"I love you too..." you stated trailing off still not sure why he looked so happy even though you had only just arrived.

"I have missed you more than I could imagine. After everything that has happened, I am upset that you had to go through it, but I am glad to have had you by my side through the whole ordeal. And with us being apart I have realised that no matter how much I love our home in London, if your job is here and you are here, I am happy to be here too," he smiled.

Even though his words wouldn't have seemed much to anyone else, the thought of his offer made your heart swell.

"You'd move here for me?"

"I'd do anything for you."

"Don't be silly Mycroft. I love London as much as you do. Once I finish here, I will be back home. And we'll continue with our life there. This is just another blip, being apart, we will be together again. For now we have this amazing dinner. Tomorrow this place will be open for business and in a couple of weeks we can be back in our flat planning our wedding," you smiled warmly.

His thumb rubbed over the reverse of your hand as he nodded.

"That sounds perfect."

"Now let's eat dinner. I am famished."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Fandom Imagines and Preferences IIOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara