Maxxie Oliver- Phone Call (c)

The early hours of the morning had become somewhat familiar to you. You never wanted it to be a normal occurrence for you to be awake so early, unable to rest your mind from the speeding thoughts. Most nights it became remotely bearable to allow yourself to lay in bed questioning life and hatred for everything, tonight on the other hand wasn't the case. It was gone three in the morning and you were wiping the tears from your eyes, needing to talk to someone to stop the pain that made its way through your brain.

You hated that you were going to affect your friends sleeping pattern but you needed someone to talk to no matter if they would hate you for it, you needed to distraction now.

Picking up your phone you clicked on your best friend name putting the phone to your ear, holding onto it for dear life, waiting for the phone call to go through. The ringing seized and you heard a groan coming from the other end.

"God, Y/N, what time is it?" Maxxie groaned down the phone, clearly groggy from being awoken by your phone call.

"It's 3 am. Want to go get some pizza?" You asked knowing it wasn't the smartest of questions however it was all you could think of currently.

"You phoned me at three in the morning to ask if I wanted pizza?" He questioned sounding rather annoyed.

You bit down on your lower lip to try and hide the sobs that wanted to escape. You didn't want to annoy him or upset him but you really needed someone to talk to. A short sound of one of your sobs escaped even though you did your best to hide it.

"Shit... I am sorry Y/N," he sighed, letting out a yawn. "Bad night again?"

"Yeah," you whispered.

Bad nights were common, more common than not recently and you hated that fact. It was beating you even though you did your best to fight against it.

"Sorry for snapping. What's on your mind?" He asked softly.

"Everything. I... I... I just feel so useless. Nothing is going right and I am terrified that everything is actually as hopeless as things feel. I know that my thoughts are distorted but I don't know whether everything really is as terrible as it feels to be," you whispered, trying to not allow your tears to distort your words.

He shushed you softly attempting to encourage you that what you felt wasn't truth but what happened in your head.

"It will be okay Y/N. Things are hard, and it's not your fault but I promise you that we will get through this. You and I. You are my best friend and I will not let anything happen to you," he said gently.

Over an extended conversation, Maxxie helped you settle your thoughts and feel remotely better about everything, enough so to help you feel tired so that you could fall asleep.

"Thank you Maxxie," you whispered.

"You're welcome," he chuckled.

"Goodnight. Sorry for waking you."

"It's okay, I'm always here to help. Goodnight."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.