Freddie Kingsley- Backlash (h)

It was the beginning of term, and you had spent the summer holiday with your boyfriend.

You didn't go anywhere fancy as such; the two of you stayed in a small cottage by the coast.

It surprised you that it was actually allowed, due to you being in your sixth year at Abbey Mount and Freddie being two years older – as well as Mrs Kingsley's son.

Freddie and you had met whilst you were in your third year at Abbey Mount. The two of you had spoken during the social, danced for as long as was possible as if you had known each other for years...everything grew from then on.

Only Mrs Kingsley and a couple of teachers were aware of your relationship, it annoyed you that you weren't able to tell your closest friends, purely because of the rule that surrounded Freddie not being allowed to have any involvement with the girls of Abbey Mount.

Somehow you and Freddie got around that rule.

Unfortunately, Harriet was still a problem. Harriet still had an infatuation with Freddie, they were the same age and both in their last year of their respective schools – however, she insisted on always being close to Freddie despite him showing no interest and wearing a promise ring that was identical to one you wore.

Due to it being the start of term, Freddie was going to be staying at Abbey Mount until it was necessary for him to go to his school.

For some reason, Freddie had decided that it was time for people to be aware that he was in a relationship and to be more specific, for Harriet to know that he was in a relationship.

He had gone to talk to his Mother beforehand, and she had actually agreed which was a shock but she knew that you and Freddie were a strong couple so you could handle any possible backlash.

It was the first dinner of the term, and Freddie had arranged for you to sit next to him and in what would usually be Harriet's seat.

You were pacing back and forth outside of Mrs Kingsley's office, before you went to the dining hall.

"Hey" Freddie greeted you softly, and you stopped pacing to face him. He sighed and placed his hands on your hips so that he could pull you closer, "You need to stop stressing" he told you before kissing your forehead comfortingly.

You breathed out a sigh and rested your forehead on Freddie's chest "This is definitely one way to announce our relationship, and as much as I want to Freddie, my friends will flip" you explained to him.

Freddie placed two fingers under your chin and lifted your head up "You will be able to explain everything to them later on" he stated and you smiled at him "That is, before I steal you away" he commented with a smirk on his face, causing you to blush.

Stepping away from you, Freddie offered you his arm "Come on" he said as he motioned towards the dining hall with his head.

You slipped your arm through his and gripped his upper arm "Still nervous" you reminded him which caused him to chuckle.

The two of you approached the dining room. It was full of chatter and some of the younger years were still hurrying to get there on time.

As you walked in together, all conversation stopped and a couple of gasps echoed around the dining hall with all eyes turning towards you both.

Without stopping to talk to anyone, you reached the head table and you let go of Freddie so that he could stand behind his chair and you stood behind your own.

"Excuse me" you heard Harriet say from your side "That's my seat" she stated, pointing to the seat you were stood in front of "Only the Head Girl is allowed to sit there" she told you.

You turned to face her, and she was giving you a not so subtle glare, "I was told I could sit here" you answered her bluntly but with a hint of nervousness in your voice – Harriet tried as much as possible to be intimidating, and it did work on occasion.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Well you can't, okay? So run along now" she made a shooing motion with her hands as she spoke.

You shook your head at her which caused her to stamp her foot in frustration "I'm not moving Harriet. Mrs Kingsley told me I could sit her if I wished, and I would like to sit with my boyfriend for the first time since we have been together" you spoke in a confident tone, and you were aware that the whole of the school were listening.

Harriet was lost for words, and you heard Freddie trying to hold in a laugh "I suggest you go and find another seat Harriet" your best friend Kate said from her table.

The two of you made contact, and she smiled at you, "Later" you mouthed at her and the rest of your dorm mates who were sat with her.

They all nodded in acknowledgement and you turned back to stand by your chair properly, "You handled that well Love" Freddie whispered in your ear before kissing your cheek "I love you" he whispered again, making you blush.

"I love you too Kingsley" you whispered in reply which caused him to chuckle.

You were glad it was out there.

~*~

Written by Hannah.