•3•

Ariana's POV

July 2010

A few weeks after my audition, I was sent directions on how to prepare for the next stage of the X Factor. Bootcamp. They mentioned that I would be rooming with other girls around my age, this makes me wonder if I will ever interact with Harry. I began packing my bags, putting everything I would ever need, and probably some things that I won't even use. Making my way to the living room, I hear multiple voices. I notice one of them being my grandmother, which causes me to quicken my pace. "There she is!" I hear her shout the second my presence is known. "Hi Nonna. I didn't know that you were coming today." I quickly mention before wrapping her up in a hug. After our hug finished, she states that she wanted to see me one last time before I leave. We all decide to continue our conversation over coffee and tea.

About an hour later, my mother, notes that I should leave if I went to be early for check-in. Saying good-bye to my grandmother and father, I take one last look around the house to make sure I have all of my items. Walking to the car with my mother, I prepare myself for the two hour long drive. I begin to text Harry, asking him what time he plans on being at the hotel. After waiting a few minutes for a response, I decide to put my phone away and start a conversation with my mother. Even though I try to distract myself from Harry, I can't help but wonder if he was okay. We usually exchange a few texts by now. I try not to let it bother me for the rest of the car ride.

We arrive at the hotel located next to the Wembley Arena in London. I notice a large group of people and a smaller group of camera operators. My mother and I go through all the steps of checking in, then walk towards my room. Standing in front of my door, I recognize three other names: Cher Lloyd, Emily Osment and Sarah Jeffery. I make the assumption that these girls that I am rooming with. Inserting the keycard into the reader, I slowly open the door to see two girls putting away their things. "Hello there." A sweet voice greets me. "I'm Emily and this is Sarah. You must be Ariana?" I nod and reach my hand out to shake both of their hands. My mother makes her way over to the empty bed and places my bags upon them. She grabs me to put into a hug, kisses my head and wishes me the best of luck. After our goodbyes, Emily, Audrey and I begin introducing ourselves more. They mention Cher, and say that she went to hang with some of her friends. Once that statement is made, I feel a buzz in my pocket.

Reaching into my pocket, I bring my phone to see a few texts from no one other than Harry Styles himself. Reading them, he apologizes for not answering me sooner, and states that his mother invited most of his family over this morning before he left. I quickly respond sending him a message back letting him know that it was okay. Emily mentions that we should go down to the main area of the hotel, due to their being multiple venders. Sarah and I agree with her, and began to make our way down the hallway to the elevator. Once we make our way to the bottom floor, I notice more production crew filming. I see a blonde haired boy being interviewed, listening in I hear him talk about his family back in Mullingar, Ireland. He seems very nice and I notice that his laugh is very contagious. Walking with the girls, we stumble upon a stand that is selling t-shirts with the X-Factor logo on them. I decide to buy one for my grandmother, hopefully I don't lose it before I give it to her. We continue to make our way around the main area looking at all the vendors. After we pass the last vendor we decide to find a place to sit. I hear a familiar laugh, raising my head from my phone. I see the blonde boy sitting next to Emily, he begins to insert himself into a conversation with us.

"My name is Niall," he starts. "This is one of the only seats left. I hope you don't mind." I introduce him to the other girls and let him know that it isn't a problem. I engage in a conversation with him along with Emily and Sarah, but I still look around the for brown curls that I met a few weeks ago, along with the others. Being unsuccessful, I decide to turn my attention to Niall and the rest of the group. A voice shouts at us all to pay attention, I notice a crew member holding a megaphone up to their mouth. Everyone slowly turns to pay attention to them. The crew member mentions that dinner will be served soon, and that we should all head back to our rooms when our food will be provided for us. The girls and I exchange numbers with Niall and make our way towards our room. I see a girl standing in front of our door digging through her purse. Emily and Sarah don't seemed too worried, so I begin to wonder if that is our fourth roommate. "Hey Cher, looking for something?" Sarah speaks up as she approaches. Cher turns towards the group with her thick accent and mentions that she lost her keycard to the room. Sarah reaches into her bag, pulling out a keycard which grants us access to our room. After entering the room, Emily introduces me to Cher and mentions that I showed up while she was gone. Instead of a handshake like the other girls, Cher pulls me into a tight hug. She seems excited to be roommates, which I make note of. I decide to unpack the rest of my things to pass the time before our food gets here. A few minutes pass and we all hear a knock on the door. Cher bring close to the door, opens it up to be greeted by a person pushing a cart. They describe the three different types of meal that we can decide from. I pick the chicken meal, since it looks the best out of all of them. After we all receive our meals, we turn on the TV to find a movie to watch. I'm almost done with my dinner before I got a phone call.