-135-: Terrible Two's (December 2019)

Ariana was standing at the kitchen island watching Alexandria eat her cheese quesadilla. She was fighting to keep her eyes open and the Mexican food kept falling out of her hand. The past few days she had been refusing to go for a nap, which was terrible, because she was even more crankier when it came to putting her to bed. And she hadn't been having as much sleep as usual, so she was extremely tired.

"Lexi, my love, are you tired?" she shook her head lethargically. It took up most of her energy to make that move.

"Come on honey," Ariana reached out to her and she shook her head. She took away her quesadilla and put the remainders into the bin, putting the plate in the sink.

Ariana turned around picking Alexandria out of her Tripp Trapp high chair and carried her upstairs setting her at the top. "Come on love, on to your room," Ariana said and she started to scream.

"NO SLEEP! NO MAMA! NO SLEEP TODAY!" Ariana kept her calm and tried to budge the small girl closer to her bedroom. She tried to make multiple runs for it but she caught her each time.

"NO MAMA NO!" Ariana ignored her screaming and stool her ground.

"Lexi, could you please move into your bedroom, my love?" Ariana asked leaning down to her level. She made a fist with her hands and started to beat against Ariana's chest, before screaming "no" into her face.

"Alexandria Victoria. We do not hit people, okay? I love you and I will be in my bedroom, when you would like a hug, and you decided you're sleepy," Ariana said calmly, making her scream even louder.

Ariana had heard multiple similar stories from pregnancy blogs that you followed while pregnant with Alexandria, and you knew it would be hard, but she just had to stand her ground.

Ariana opened her MacBook to FaceTime Harry.

"Hey babe, how is everyth- is that Lexi screaming?" He asked worryingly. Ariana nodded.

"Terrible two's babe. She was punching me and screaming at me, and most experts tell you to leave them alone and they'll come around," he nodded.

"God I miss you both so much. Another month and I'll be home," Ariana nodded at him.

"I could really be doing with you here right now," Ariana rubbed her temples and he nodded.

"I wish I could be there baby," Ariana nodded, knowing he'd rather be here spending time with Ariana and Alexandria then be on tour, but she also knew how happy being on tour made him.

After around 5 minutes the screams coming from Alexandria turned into cried which turned into tired whimpered.

"Mama?" Alexandria whimpered as Ariana looked up, from Harry's face on the screen, at the door to see 2 year old Alexandria walking in. Her face red and blotchy with the tantrum she had just thrown.

"I sleepy now," Ariana nodded.

"Would you like to sleep in mama's bed or your own?" Ariana asked and Harry smiled lightly through the screen.

"Mama's please," Ariana nodded and put the laptop onto the bed, and went to pick up the small girl. Her head immediately dropped to your shoulder and her eyes started to close.

Ariana walked over and repositioned the MacBook so Harry could see her.

"Hi my princess. Have a good nap, okay?" She nodded sleepily.

"Love you daddy," Ariana smiled and Harry's face split into a grin.

"I love you too baby, go sleep," she nodded and Ariana placed her onto the bed, pulling the cover over her.

"Have a good nap, darling, I love you," Ariana kissed her cheek and she nodded.

"Fanks mama, I's sorry for hitting you. I love you," Ariana closed the blinds and grabbed the laptop from the bed. Alexandria's eyes were already close and Ariana had made her way to the living room.

"I'll be there to help you with it soon," Ariana nodded.

"I'm exhausted," Ariana whispered and he smiled sympathetically.

"Go cuddle our daughter and have a nap yourself, okay? I love you baby."

"I love you too, Harry."