•52•: Zayn leaves the band

March 24, 2015

Walking back with Zayn to the hotel room after swimming, he mentions that he has something important to tell me. "I'm telling you this before the boys. I feel like you'll take it better." He says softly to me. I look at him strangely. "Zayn, you're scaring me." I remark. Unlocking the door, he heads to the bathroom as we both quickly change into our other clothes. He offers me a seat next to him on the bed. "I'm leaving Ariana." He says bluntly. "What... what do you mean you're leaving?" I ask, as tears start to form in my eyes. "I can't do this anymore. My mental health is suffering. I need a break, love." he sadly says.

Standing up, I bring my hands to my hair. "We can figure something out. Yeah, you don't have to leave. I'll talk to Sim—" Zayn reaches out for my hand. Shaking his head to let me know he's made up his mind. He starts to mention that it's been in his mind since then. "Zayn, this isn't fair." I say.

I move over to the door, ready to head back to the other room or pool. Opening the door, I'm greeted by four faces. Shocked looks take over their faces. "Woah, what's going on guys?" Louis asks us. "Ask Zayn." I simply say and head back to my room.

March 25, 2015

Zayn walked off the bus, heading towards the airport to head back home. He let us know he'll collect his things soon. Hours later, I got a notification from Zayn's twitter. It's his statement, explaining that he's leaving. I turn towards the wall in my bunk, sulking in guilt away from the boys. A small knock pulls me out my thoughts. I turn over to softly move the privacy curtain to see four sad faces. "Hey love," Liam says as he reaches out to wipe a tear from my face. "Can you tell us what Zayn said to you yesterday?" I softly shake my head and look away from them. Moments later, I am then dragged out of my bunk and thrown onto the sofa in the music room. "Spill." Louis says. I began to explain the whole story, mentioning in detail the way Zayn spoke to me.

The four boys in front of me sat in silence for a few minutes, before Niall spoke. "We'll figure it out when the time comes, okay Ari?" Niall says my way. I simply nod and head back to my bunk to claim my spot for the next few days.

March 28, 2015

After going to the bathroom, I'm stopped in front of my bunk. "Ariana Joan Grande-Butera, you are not getting back inside that bunk." A very stern Harry says to me. (A/N: just for this story, Joan is going to be Ariana's middle name) I try to push my way through the group, but failed. Louis sighs and then speaks. "Love, you've been in bed for the past two days. It's time to change." Instead of arguing, I turn around and made my way to the couch. I'm soon joined by my four best friends. "We care about you and want to help." A soft Irish voice speaks in my direction. "But we can't if you block us out every chance you got." I nod, not feeling like speaking yet. The boys continue to push the matter and get on my nerves. "How am I supposed to explain my feelings when I don't know how I feel?" I simply say to the group. I continue. "Zayn made it well known that this was my fault, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But you will never understand what it felt like to be in that room with him." Liam reached out to grab my hand, but I pushed him away and stood up. "It was just a dumb mistake and we messed everything up." I say. "I'm just so tired of this life. I wanna go home." Without any words from the boys, I head back to my bunk to spend the rest of my time before the show alone.