•10•

Our Modest representative introduces us to a team of five security members. One of them comes forward and states that his name is Paul. He mentions that he is the head of the security team and will be keeping an eye on us. Modest decided that we should try using the security team today due to having to run some errands. We have been getting an increased amount of attention since the release of the first album. Leading us into a van, we head towards the mall. At the beginning people gave us strange looks, and a couple fans come for photos. Harry needed a new pair of shoes, so our first stop was inside the Nike store. I walk around looking at shorts, shouting then came from outside the store. We all look up to see a giant crowd outside of the store. Harry finishes up and the security begins talking about a game plan. Niall waves towards the girls outside and the cheering gets louder. I begin to cover my ears as we are instructed to head to the back of the store. Paul receives a message over the radio, saying that the girls have the van surrounded outside. There is no other way for us to leave except go through the crowd. Paul and the security team begins to prepare us for the event about to occur. My chest tightens at the thought of being lost in the crowd. We all stand in line, the team decided to put me in the middle due to my size and age.

The back door opens and we are greeted by hundreds of screaming fans. I am unable to hear instructions given by the guards around me. Sensing my struggle, Zayn reaches his hand back to grab onto mine. We proceed to make our way toward the van. Soon I feel a slight tug on my hair, my hand grips tighter onto Zayn's one last time before it's ripped away. I shout towards the guards as I'm pushed deep into the crowd. The air seems to be sucked my lungs as I'm pushed around. I hear my name being shouted over the crowd and see tall figures looking for me. My body is pushed down to the ground and I'm asked multiple questions. Ones ranging from asking for selfies and if I could give out phone numbers. I'm soon lifted up and put over someone's shoulder. "Are you okay, Ariana?" Paul asks loudly towards me. "Yeah I'm good. Thanks for rescuing me." I laugh towards him. He quickly puts me in the van and takes his spot in the front. Avoiding running over fans, we soon make our way onto the highway and head back to the house. "Ariana, your hands are blessing." Harry mentions towards me. Looking down, the pain registers with my body finally. "Oh." I speak. "It's probably from when they pushed me down." That topic begins to make Niall nervous again. Him being the worse when crowds out of all of us. We all arrive at the house safely and create a list of the guards to retrieve things for us. After relaxing for a few minutes we retrieve a call from Simon.

He mentions that we have retrieved good news from arenas around us. We are going on tour for two months to see how the fans will react. Preparations start later this week and then we will begin a new chapter in the band. I hope Paul and his team are right next to us the whole time.