•20•: Take Me Home Tour

February 23, 2013

Niall's POV

It's the 23rd of February and it's our first show of the tour today. I begin to feel myself getting nervous as the time creeps by.

"You ready to go Niall?" Harry asks me.

"Yeah." I reply as I pick up my bags up to leave the hotel. We all walk down the hallways of the massive hotel and soon reach the buses. Our tour manager is back in the hotel still checking out.

We lift our stuff into the bus's storage compartment and climb in. Bodyguards guiding us with our every step.

I look over at Harry who is looking over at Ariana, her hair in a ponytail at another part of the bus.

"You really can't keep your eyes off of her, can't ya?" I abruptly chin in, breaking the silence.

He shushed me immediately before he could say anything else. I didn't want the others hearing Harry's nonsense and decide to join in.

Harry chuckled softly as I rolled my eyes. It remained almost silent for the rest of the bus ride. Most of us had our headphones on and were in our own world.

Preparing for shows are so nerve wracking. It's almost impossible not to be nervous to the out of our stomach for things like these. We never imagined One Direction would get as big as it is now. It's an unexplainable feeling.

♡︎

We arrived at the London arena. It's 5 hours before concert starts and people are already filling the nearby streets. Paparazzi and fans are crowding the arena.

We get escorted straight into the back part highly secured by bodyguards. We immediately enter and get orders thrown at us. "Get ready." And "follow me."

♡︎

It's time to set up the audio malfunction and stage. We all get handed a sheet of paper with the set list on them and with the lyrics for each song.

The boys and I, along with Ari decide to exercise our voices by harmonizing "Over Again" and "Little Things". All of our voices worked really well together and didn't do anything we didn't want them to do.

Things started to feel a little less intimidating as I knew my voice had warmed up. Of course we'll have to warm up our voices again a few minutes before the show but this at least puts me at ease.

♡︎

The boys and I, along with Ari all gather around to clear our nerves and harm our voices up some more. The sound of the crowd is crazy. It's the definition of loud.

"This is going to be amazing." Louis says. I smile and nod my head as so does everybody else.

"Go, go." Our backstage manager tells us firmly.

We all position ourselves, one after the other, standing on a platform that will lift up to level with the stage floor. I hear the person behind us count from 5.

We shoot up onto the stage at once. Making a wave of screaming from the crowd radiate through our earpieces.

My heart starts to beat with nerves. Music instantly starts blazing through the speakers of the arena.