-145-: Christmas (December 2023)

Harry woke up before Ariana Christmas morning, so he had decided that it would be a good idea, while the kids were still sleeping, to make some breakfast in bed and then after present opening it would only be to make Alexandria's breakfast and Dylan's and him and Ariana could both start cooking Christmas dinner.

So when Ariana woke up, there was no one in the bed beside her and she was unusually cold. With Harry's legs usually draping over hers and entwining and his arm usually thrown over her body, it wasn't usual that she wakes with no source of heat beside her. Dylan had been transferred into his big boy bed when he had turned 2 years old 2 years ago, so it still felt unusually empty and Ariana pined for another baby. But with Dylan being only 4 years old now, she definitely knew that it was too early.

Ariana and Harry had started the tradition last year that they would exchange gifts before Alexandria woke up so all of the attention was on her seeing as Dylan didn't understand what was going on, but she still got him gifts. When Ariana turned around to inhale the scent on Harry's pillow, Ariana had noticed the note that was on his pillow.

My love,

I'm downstairs making you breakfast in bed. My goal is to make this the Merriest Christmas for my family and I hope this is a good start to yours. Don't get up, just relax .xx

Your Husband xx

Ariana smiled at the note placing it on her beside table before nuzzling her face into his pillow.

Harry was downstairs making her favorite, tea with pancakes and strawberries, extra strawberries on the side, sprinkled with confectioners sugar with butter and strawberry jam. But he had put a spin on the pancakes shaping them like hearts, desperately wanting today to be the best Christmas Ariana's ever had.

He pulled out the tray that Ariana always used for breakfast in bed that was a housewarming gift from her grandmother and arranged everything to fit on the tray. He placed a little pot of milk on the tray for Ariana's tea and then lifted it up, carefully making his way up to their room.

He pushed the door opened with his foot and smiled at Ariana with her face nuzzled into his pillow, a common occurrence whenever he left the bed, he'd always find Ariana like this.

"Good morning, my beautiful wife," Ariana looked up and smiled at him in his matching Elf pyjamas to Dylan while Ariana and Alexandria had matching cream and red Reindeer Print ones.