•65•: When Zayn left

When I found out that Zayn left the band, I was devastated. I was the closest one to Zayn and he's the first member I met on the X Factor.

Of course I understand why, and supported his decision. He told me that we would stay in touch. So that made me slightly glad.

When the news was revealed on public, a lot of interviewers wanted to interview us.
———————
The boys and I are seated on a couch. I looked at my lap, feeling gloomy.

I remember the times Zayn would choose to sit next to me and joke around before the interview starts. I felt someone tilt my chin slightly. I glanced up at Harry who gave me a weak smile.

The interviewer arrived so I put on a fake smile and greeted her.

"Hello." She gave me an embrace. The cameras started recording.

"Today we have One Direction. Say hello!" She stated. We gave a 'hello' and waved to the camera.

"The last time I interviewed you guys, this band had six members. Where's Zayn?" She asked. I gave her a blank stare.

"Umm.. We- We don't really know." Niall shrugged. The boys and I awkwardly laugh at Niall's comment.

"In the past, did he talk about leaving the band?" She questioned. I sighed. "I- I think we had a feeling. Umm you know.. Yeah." Louis replied, stumbling over his words.

"Have you talked to him? Since he's been gone?" She added.

"Yeah, we had." I responded.

The room wasn't as cheery as it was. Harry broke the awkwardness by laughing.

"Are you telling the truth?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"No, genuinely." Liam answered.

"Why is Harry laughing then?" She pointed towards Harry.

"Cause we can cut the tension with a knife." Harry spoke. She chuckled.

"Are you having fun without Zayn?" She asked. The boys wanted to talk about other things rather than Zayn. Seeing that it's difficult talking about him.

"Umm, we are trying." Liam stated.

A photo of all six of us on tour appeared on a screen.

I felt tears forming in my eyes. I quickly wiped it. No one seemed to notice.
——————
The interview ended. I entered my hotel room, and started sobbing.

I wanted to call and check up on Zayn however he said that he needed some time before talking to us again.

After a few hours, the boys went inside my hotel room with a few snacks and made me watch a film with them, trying to cheer me up.

I told them to take my bed for the night but they all disagreed.

Liam and Louis shared the long couch while Niall and Harry shared the extra mattress below the bed.

I didn't feel completely tired and just stared at the ring Zayn gave me that matches his.