-148-: the weekend away

"And keep an eye on Lexi and Dylan when they're in their playhouse around the back. And don't let them in there if it's raining because they'll have to run over the mud to get back in and one of them might get sick. And you don't have to give the-"

"Babe, she brought you up, you turned out perfectly, she'll be fine," Ariana smiled at Harry, Anne laughing and he nodded nervously.

"You're going to stay here the whole time?" She nodded. The original plan was that they go stay with her in Holmes Chapel but that changed yesterday when she was over for Harry's birthday.

"Okay come on munchkin, give me a kiss," Alexandria ran over to Ariana and gave her a kiss before hugging her and then moving onto Harry. "Goodbye handsome, I'll see you in 3 days baby," Ariana whispered to Dylan and kissed his forehead lightly. He was cuddled into Anne and Ariana smiled.

"Okay goodbye princess. You'll be ok won't you?" She nodded.

"Have fun Daddy. Take lots of pictures," she smiled and she just couldn't believe how grown up she was.

"You look after Dylan now, okay?" She nodded like the proud big sister she is at Harry and he kissed Dylan multiple times before Ariana finally was able to pull this away.

"Should we bring the kids? We could just book them at the airport," he said once Ariana was in the car and he had opened your door.

"Can you get in the car please. Look, it's hard for me to leave the kids too, but we'll see them Monday. We need this break, just us. Your mum will be fine, she's brought up two damn perfect kids," Ariana smiled and he leaned over the middle console, thinking how right you were, and kissed her. He tried to deepen the kiss but you pulled away. "Hey, drive. We'll miss the flight if we don't go now," he nodded and turned the key in the Range Rover.
————
"Are you okay?" Ariana asked Harry as she was both settled on the plane, 50 minutes into their journey, and his foot hadn't stopped tapping on the floor nervously.

"I'm fine babe," he lied through his teeth. And he knew that Ariana would knew he was lying. He wanted to enjoy this weekend, but he just couldn't stop thinking about the babies back at his home in London. Ariana just nodded and pulled out her headphones, Harry not even registering what was going on around him, he was engaged with his own thoughts. All to do with the kids, and if they were ok.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are now going to be beginning our descent into Charles de Gaulle airport. We're looking to touchdown in around 15 minutes. I hope you've enjoyed flying with Air France. Have a great day and we hope to serve you again," the air hostess said over the speaker.

Ariana could hear over her quiet music and she smiled. Maybe once she got out and got on the way to the hotel, Harry would cheer up. Harry looked out the window and sighed heavily. Ariana couldn't believe she has done this for him and he didn't want to be here. Ariana was hurt, and upset. She was just hoping that the mood would change.

"What do you want to do first?" Ariana asked him as they both stepped off the plane. He didn't seem bothered by anything, she knew that he had been to Paris before but it's the first time she had been together and she were excited to be in 'The City of Love' with her husband. But he wasn't fussed, he would rather have been in London with the kids, and he made sure that she knew that.

When the SUV that Harry had arranged dropped them off at the hotel, she marvelled how close they were to the Eiffel Tower and she wondered what the suite she booked would look like. Harry still thinking about if the kids were ok, even after him texting Anne and her telling him they're fine and enjoy his weekend, he wouldn't stop thinking about it.

Ariana went to the front desk and checked in while Harry was too engrossed in his phone to admire the beautiful, vintage decor of the hotel. Ariana was just proud of yourself for arranging the trip.